Battlestar Galactica

Islanded in a Stream of Stars

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Mar 06, 2009 on Syfy

• Things are in place for the final revelations and this show has jumped started it's engines like never before. The daybreak trilogy following this episode, will be unforgettable.

There was a lot revealed in this episode, no question about that. We look into Kara's situation a little more, we get to see a little more of Baltar, we find out Roslin's actually alive (which was somewhat disappointing for some reason, seeing how she's gotten lucky with her life so many times!) There was so much more covered in this episode yet it didn't feel rushed in any was whatsoever.

It's episodes like this that have left me speechless after the credits. No jaw dropping, because that's over-dramatic, but I was completely silent for minutes after the episode was done because of the fact that the end is almost here. After four long seasons, three episodes remain, which will all be aired within the next two weeks. Galactica ended when it was supposed to. It didn't over stay it's welcome by deciding to pull plot twists out of a hat, it was decided that season four would be the final season, and that was the best decision that was ever made for the show. Because by the end of Daybreak part three, we will know the truth.

Now, enough of discussing the show in general, back to the episode. There were so many memorable moments in this episode, and there's no need to review these moments to avoid more spoilers than I've already given in the first paragraph of this review. In general, it was well written, well acted and wonderfully executed.

Two weeks to go, I have absolutely no doubt that this series is going to go out with a bang. A memorable, perhaps unforgettable episode. One of my personal favorites for sure.