Battlestar Galactica

Islanded in a Stream of Stars

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Mar 06, 2009 on Syfy

• Not really entertaining at all, and dragging out 3 seconds worth of storyline over 40 minutes. What has this show, once top of the art, come to?

I simply cannot grasp what the writers were possibly thinking. Maybe: "We started into the season well; so much so that the fans almost started believing that the masterful scripts of season 1 could be back towards the finale, so let's show them that we can actually top the nonsense we gave them in season 3."? Apart from failing to deliver any of what made this series great and loved, in this episode not even the craft is above doubt (not the actors' craft, the writers'). The first and obvious question: How did they not deal with Chief Tyrols involvement in the Hera abduction? There is no explanation in the last episode, there is none in this one. Is it just implicitly understood the Chief is in the brigg now? If so, how, as a viewer, can I possibly guess that?
    Anyway... that is just the tip of the iceberg. Another one? Gaius Baltar: last time round arming civilians and plotting mischiev, that plotline is nowhere to be seen now. Instead he is somehow back in a position to do cylon detection research. And the list of discontinuity and time-fillers go on.
    Altogether: If you loved the miniseries and season 1, stay away from this one. If you never understood this show and found season 3 to be mindblowingly revealing and super: Here's one you'll love.