Battlestar Galactica

Islanded in a Stream of Stars

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Mar 06, 2009 on Syfy

• The rebel Cylons and the Colonial humans react to Hera's kidnapping while the physical condition of the Galactica continues to deteriorate. If you need me I'll be commiserating with two tired old men…

Plot Synopsis (S04E19) – The rebel Cylons and the Colonial humans react to Hera's kidnapping while the physical condition of the Galactica continues to deteriorate. While Helo and Athena reel from the kidnapping of Hera, everything else seems to be falling apart too, from our girl the Battlestar to the new Congress of Fleet Captains, to Roslin, who seems to be getting closer to death episode by episode.

As the three episode finale is just around the corner, this episode was setting up all the little pieces in order to make the coming series finale something to behold. As the XO tries desperately to hold onto his humanity and all the things he knows and holds dear, the old man starts to let go of the past, embrace the current situation, and say goodbye to the Battlestar. Ordering everyone on the Battlestar to move to the baseship in the coming days and weeks, we see both men sitting in their dying ship - broken, and tired.

More Thoughts on 'Islanded in a Stream of Stars':
    - Starbuck's secret is also revealed in this episode, when Baltar outs her as the undead/angel version of Kara. - It was also great to see that Edward James Olmos directed this episode, which could be thought of as the penultimate episode before next week's two week finale kicks off.
    - Boomer is so far gone now, I wonder if her redemption will come at all.
    - Helo's scene with Adama was intense and Tahmoh Penikett really brought his A-game for those scenes.
    - Anders is awake!!! Kara needs to know what/who she is, and we want to know too! - I love so many of the scenes between Adama and Rosline, but them sharing a smoke, talking about where home really is has to be in my top two.
    - The colony is some weird looking bug like ship. Bottom Line: Every episode over means we're nearing closer to the end of a phenomenal series…sigh…

Next week: Two weeks left!!

More at www.theplurp.com