Battlestar Galactica

Maelstrom

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Mar 04, 2007 on Syfy

• The worst episode ever in BSG. Period.

I simply do not beleive that this lame episode received 9.0 as an average here on TV.com. 'Maelstrom' title is the true metaphor for the show's hardest period.

I thought if the producers come to the part where death of Starbuck will be inevitable (if there trully is such thing as 'inevitability' in any tv show), that would be something in action, big fight, the greater good for the rest of the crew. Something that would trully match Starbuck's temperament.

But this emotional cr*ap about 'special destiny' is such a cliche that I am totally speechless. This is so disrespectful to the Starbuck/Sackoff character, particularly if they later decide to bring her back as a Cylon (now, that would be even cheaper and more predictable solution).

The show is in the big trouble as far as the second half of third season is in question and producers really need to get focused and back on the track in the end/season IV, or the show will be lost.

Don't get me wrong here, I still enjoy it and still think it's the best SciFi drama to this day, but I know they can do much better! Bring season one again!

Maelstrom, 1.0 out of 10.0!