Battlestar Galactica

Maelstrom

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Mar 04, 2007 on Syfy

• I still can't decide if I believe it or not.

Kara 'Starbuck' Thrace is dead! Can you believe it?

This was a well written episode that finally added something new to the show after a series of bad or not-so-good episodes. It followed the plot began in "Eye of Jupiter" regarding Starbuck's drawings of the Eye even though she claimed never having seen it or knowing why she liked to draw that pattern. Also, the plot if Starbuck is a Cylon or not was also exploited.

In my opinion, there are two major sequels to all this, both very possible. Starbuck is discovered to be one of the Final Five and all her difficult-childness memories were part of her program, thus the 'character' comes back and we stick with Katee Sackhoff, whose work I very much like. Or the Jupiter Eye only Starbuck could see saved her life in some way and after a period (read as 'until the season finale') of inner reflections and discoveries, she comes back as a new kind of the gods emissary to guide the fleet to Earth.

Don't know if her death is worse than her possible/probable 'rebirth', but I'm sure as hell I'm gonna stay tuned to find out.