Battlestar Galactica

Maelstrom

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Mar 04, 2007 on Syfy

• An interesting twist that, while may appear out of character, actually embodies the complete essence of the show.

This type of episode is exactly why I watch this show. Its a SciFi show to be sure, but it adds a level of emotion and realism that no other SciFi show can match. While I saw the ending coming from the beginning, I didn't really believe it until it happened. A lot of people say this ending was out of character for Starbuck, but I whole heartedly disagree. The character of Starbruck has long been portrayed as being very sporadic, depressed, unpredictable and more than a little bit crazy. The ending finally gave peace to those emotions through this notion of a destiny. At the end of the day, I would have been upset to see Starbuck die in a glorious battle because THAT would have been out of character. Shes too good of a pilot ;). What I really liked about this episode was that it showed a soft side of Starbuck that we all knew was there, but rarely, if ever, saw come out. And as with all BSG episodes, the emotionally charged crew brought me into the storyline completely. The acting of this entire show is impeccable, and this episode was no exception.

Well done guys, keep up the great work!