Battlestar Galactica

No Exit

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Feb 13, 2009 on Syfy

• least satisfying reveal since who shot J.R.

Ellen is back, but even though it has been established the final five aged on Caprica (remeber the line Adama gave Tigh.."I remember when you had hair") Ellen comes back the same age she was when she died. Makes no sense. Cavil is the one who wiped the final five's memories and sent them to the colonies. It doesn't make much sense to go through all te trouble of creating brand new identities for them. Why not just kill them? This also strongly implies they knew all along who the final five were, which is in my opinion inconsistent with the prior episodes, which the show NEVER does. Cavil tortured Tigh and faught Anders, slept with Ellen, and he knew who they were the whole time..eh I don't buy it. More importantly, it implies all the other models knew too (how could they not since ellen said she raised them), which is VERY inconsistent with the entire series. Athena interacted with Tyrol (not to mention Boomer) and Tigh and they just pretended they weren't the final five? eh.. That's just two examples off the top of my head.

The plus side is that the story (especially with the dialog between Ellen and Cavil) tried to explain some of this this,which at least implies the writer knew some inconsistancies needed to be explained which I appreciate, but I still don't like the explanation. The story was well acted as usual and Anders and Ellen probably had the most speaking of any episode they were in yet.

Finally, I did not like the techno-babble of the episode. The chief knowing of a "special organic resin" reminded me (very bad) of Star Trek Voyager. Alot of what Ander's said was also hard to fathom. It was very suprising because Ronald Moore hates that sort of thing.

Everyone will hate this review, and I know the writers tried, but I did not like the reveal at all. It seems like that in all good stories The journey is sometime better than the explanation.