Battlestar Galactica

No Exit

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Feb 13, 2009 on Syfy

• Ellen returns among the Cavil and the other Cylons while Anders begings to remember and explain the "true" history of the Cylons.

I have always thought that the "Final Five" plotline was at best uninteresting and possibly dangerous. When the FF were finally revealed in season 3, it became clear to me that particular storyline was indeed a bit damaging to the quality of the story. (That was re-inforced when watching some of the special features in the DVD during which one of the producers explained that they really had no plan about who the FF were which explains a lot) My first issue with this episode is simply the amount of expository speech. I tend to prefer a lot of talk and character development but this was too much even for me. Secondly, all of my worst fears were confirmed about the FF plot. No need to go into all the details already covered so much in detail on the forum, let's just say that the "revelations" are quite inconsistent and unbelievable when put in the original context of the show. I can't help but think that it would have been so much better to leave the human-Cylon conflict in simpler terms. Man created Cylons, they rebelled. Plot twists are great when they make sense and spark the imagination, not when they challenge the basic foundation of everything that has come before. That said, I am glad so much was revealed in such a short span. Perhaps now the show can get back to focusing what really makes it great: character interactions with realistic implications for the characters that can also mirror things we as the audience might face in our own lives.