Battlestar Galactica

No Exit

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Feb 13, 2009 on Syfy

• Many nagging unanswered questions get addressed here.

Finally the ship is starting to go. As a student of material science, I wondered when metal fatigue would occur. I hope Adama gets Baltar or another human scientist to review this organic compound before Chief applies it. Remember how Cylons would jam networks during a fight or inject a virus in the operating system? We don't need the organic compound eating the metal during a battle!

We still don't know why Baltar had visions about 5. We still don't know why Kara was able to view her own dead body. We still don't know why Rosalyn had visions that clearly matched prophecy. We still don't know why the fleet was led to Earth. Everyone feels like puppets in a play, performing their parts, not understanding why and living in dread about the final outcome. But finally, we get some history. We have known for 4 seasons that the Cylons rebelled which implies they were created. Now we know by whom. It was not a mad dictator or fanatic but a team of scientists. Exactly why remains muddled. Sure we need robots to handle jobs too dangerous for humans or to handle jobs beyond our abilities. But neither the skin jobs nor the tin cans seem designed for this purpose. I have often wondered if Darwin is correct why humans are so limited in senses compared to other species. It was nice to hear my thoughts echoed by John. Scientists and engineers never rest on their laurels but continue to learn more and design new improvements so why did they stop? What happened to their work? Did they compete against anybody else? Did their prior work inspire students that continued in the same line? Maybe this too will be answered soon. At a minimum, I'm curious to see who Ellen calls her boy that helped create John.