Battlestar Galactica

Rapture (2)

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Jan 21, 2007 on Syfy

• So...let me get this straight... (spoilers, I think.)

...in a temple built 4,000 years ago is a secret device which shows the chosen one the identities of five members of their race? But...but that race had not been created at the point in time the temple was created?... Come on, throw us a bone! Give us a little more of an explanation why!

And...to top that off by revealing the final five to a character who is promptly killed. So... How are we supposed to find them out?

Oh, that's right. D'anna was just subterfuge. Baltar's the real chosen one. He saw the five. Right? Did he? I'm not so sure of that.

And I'm still confused whether they actually found the Eye or just realized how to find the eye after the fact.

Well, at least they got Baltar back into the fleet...and a real live Number Six too.

Okay, sure...the episode was tense. Yes, some good things happened. Some great things even. It forwarded the plot...but I just need to shake my head at this. The whole being able to see the final five thing was just improbable. I don't buy it without further information. And I feel cheated that we went that far and all we have to show for it is more clues and no answers. Give us a little something.

I'm just a little worried. We keep getting promised so much and they continue to push it farther and farther into the season. We're suddenly going to get all these revelations in one or two episodes and be overloaded. Spread it out...keep us satisfied. I certainly wasn't satisfied by this episode.