Battlestar Galactica

Episode 0

Razor, Part 1

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Nov 24, 2007 on Syfy

• Very, very disappointing

BSG has has such good acting and writing... this is what has drawn me and others like me to love this show. But Razor was just disappointing.

It was very sporadic in its flow. The new character that was revealed was just a waste in my opinion. If I had to guess, I'd say that the BSG big wigs were coming under some pressure from the homosexual crowd to introduce some gay characters. The same thing happened to Enterprise--and I'm sure that they would have yielded to the pressure if the series had continued any further. I'm not against gay characters, its just that the way they introduced it here seemed so contrived.

Also, I didn't care about the XO. It seemed so hurried. Unlike starbuck, who bucked authority many times, this character was just annoying. And I got to thinking--to introduce a character in an episode (which is pretty much what this was) only for the purpose of killing them off in order to envoke emotion in the audience--well, that is just silly. Come on, BSG guys--why write down to us? Why be so obviously transparent in your attempt to coerce emotions from us? You didn't do this crap in the regular seasons--why waste a movie doing it?

In short, to have us wait so long for anything new BSG to come along--only to have to sit through this drivel--is just a shame. Shame on you, BSG. You can do better. You got one season to prove it.