Battlestar Galactica

Episode 0

Razor, Part 2

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Nov 24, 2007 on Syfy

• When I first heard about this movie I was not happy. I though that it would just be a to make money wile waiting for the new season, nothing more then that. I was wrong. It in fact adds a lot to the over all mythology that is the core of the series.

When I first heard about this movie I was not happy. I though that it would just be a filler story to keep fans happy till march, and that it would make money, nothing more then that. I also thought it would be set in the universe of BSG but not part of the main story, but I was wrong. It in fact adds a lot to the over all mythology that is the core of the series. You find out a lot about the Cylons, (the main reason I watch the show). In addition to filling in some of the back story on the Pegasus and her crew. But that's where my love for this movie stops. I did not for the most part love the Shaw part of the story. I was given no reason to like her. She is just a Cain clone (Cylons are not the only ones making copies). The Cain story always made me very uncomfortable. And this story was far as the Shaw part made me feel the same way. I only had a tiny bit more feeling for her (Shaw) because she is hunted by what she had done but she was too much like Cain for me to get behind her, even a little. And I felt that giving her the information that Starbuck was going to be the cause of the Apocalypse, didn't help her case. I was not sad to see her go at the end. That being said I love everything else about this movie. But far in away the best part was putting the piece of myth together. For example, in the Adama flash back we see him trying to free the crew of the Diana, who where being use to create the first human looking Cylons. When he doses this you can see that the 2 crew members at the door are Leoben and Six. I had to watch and re-watch to make sure I was seeing it right. I am 90% sure I am. Making me think the rest of the crew looked like the other 5 Cyons we have seen. In addition to that there is the story of who and how Gina was discovered as a Cylon. I love that she was Cain's lover. I never saw that coming. There is also a great idea both up that there are more Cylons out there. Wow!! A whole other race of Cylons, just like there is a whole other race of humans (the ones on earth). I can only hope this comes up again. In all, I love this movie. This story could only have been done as a movie. It never, would have made a good episode. It would have taken you out of the flow of the series and it's over all storyline.