Battlestar Galactica

Resistance

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Aug 05, 2005 on Syfy

• Stunning display of wit and wisdom. Shocking, fun and perfectly paced.

The beginning part of the second season, leading all the way through Home 2 are perfect examples of television at it's finest. This episode is a stand-out.

We've alredy been through a few episodes, so our characters are stretched and scattered. We needed to find some common ground and see some true direction. Now as things begin to congeal together once more (we finally have our Kobolites back) of course we have new issues to deal with. The cheif a cylon? Surely not. Tigh a big frakking frakker? Who can deny it? Baltar...well, I still don't have a good phrase for what Baltar is.

Callie comes into her own as a character in this episode. Okay, that's not entirely true...she's been a great character from the start and Nikki Clyne has done an exceptional job. She just gets to show a completely different side tonight. Does she secretly pine for the cheif? (just a thought.)

What an amazing ending. Yes, I had a feeling it was coming, but the choice of assassin was a brilliant stroke. That's where my surprise came in.

And I haven't even mentioned Roslin's Escape or the doings on Caprica. For a show with so many threads of plot, it set out to acheive cohesiveness and a level of storytelling beyond what we reasonably expect from television, and it gave us what we wanted. Romance, intrigue, politics, adventure, great characters...Hey, this was a great episode.

Good thing they didn't pull a tigh and really frak things up.