Battlestar Galactica

Resistance

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Aug 05, 2005 on Syfy

• Whadja expect, genius?

Talk about the wrong man in the wrong job: Colonel Tigh, the man who never wanted a command in the first place is now dictator of the human race. Not bad for an irritable drunk. One of the good Colonel's first acts is to arrest Chief Tyrol on suspicion of being a Cylon. If being a complete idiot was a crime, he would have been executed a while back, but better late than never, I guess. I'm sort of curious about this blood imagery they used to bookend the episode - is the similarity between Tyrol and Sharon's blood supposed to indicate that he's a Cylon? Or that they're really, really in love? Just when things seem to be heading in the right direction, Ellen Tigh strikes again. That meeting with the ship captains seemed like a pretty decent idea; too bad she had to pooh-pooh it. I guess her being a Cylon would be too much to hope for, but maybe she'll sleep with the wrong guy and Tigh will finish her off. Or maybe she'll just keep doing her thing.

Hey, Baltar gets to keep being the man of action. And here I was expecting him to forget all about killing that guy in the last episode. He doesn't do just a whole lot; he almost kills the Chief to get some questionable intelligence out of Sharon, but at least he took things into his own hands. Maybe this will be the beginning of a new Baltar. But is a more assertive Baltar a good thing? He is the bad guy, after all, so wouldn't it be preferable for him to remain a little more passive? Crashdown would say yes, I think.