Battlestar Galactica 2.3 RESISTANCE aka
Tigh is Still Effin' Up or Starbuck Falls in Love
My thoughts as I watch it:
1. Tigh is an idiot. He thinks Chief is a Cylon?
2. It's enjoyable to see Helo and Starbuck together. I'm sure the actor, Tahmoh Penikett, appreciates the chance to act with others for a change.
3. Callie is playing hardball. "Help the Chief or help yourself doctor."
4. Tigh, Tigh, Tigh. Your wife will lead you to ruin! Oh well...
5. Now he's sending in the marines to get supplies. There's no way this will end well.
6. Well, I was right. It didn\'t end well for those four civilians.
7. LOL! That\'s how you deal with a lover\'s spat Saul!
8. Baltar has no idea what he\'s doing! He\'s TV\'s greatest BS\'er since George Costanza!
9. I stand corrected, that was a bold maneuver. Of course he won\'t tell anyone what he\'s learned.
10. Now \"D\" is getting mixed up in this escape plan. She better not get \"outed\" as a Cylon and beat by Tigh. I\'ll be pissed. Gaeta on the other hand is a cylon. See my 2.1 review.
11. They made this escape look like Steve McQueen in \"The Great Escape".
12. Roslin is a G. She walked beside that girl like Peter in "Office Space".
13. All of CID breathed a sigh of relief when Tigh didn't give the order to fire. They're thinking, "Sheesh, at least the old drunk didn't make that mistake."
14. Adama's back. He's ready to fix the mess Tigh made like "the cleaner" in "La Femme Nikita".
15. This dude wakes up and takes a drink.
16. Oooooooookay. That came out of NOWHERE. Callie came up like Jack Ruby. Darn this show!
B I think of this as more of a transition episode. We finally got an idea what Helo and Starbuck are up to. We see the early ramifications of Tigh's boneheaded decision. Finally, we see the genesis of Roslin's theological movement. The ending was fiyah, although not quite the same as "Kobol's Last Gleaming", but it was still good. Another reason I like this show: No "reset" button like Star Trek. The characters grow and change throughout the show. Amazing considering it's only been about 8 weeks (in the show's timeline) since the Cylon attack. How has Callie's life changed? How will Chief deal with Sharon's death? Has Starbuck met her soulmate? These are questions that will be answered next week. Same bat time. Same bat channel.