Battlestar Galactica

Resistance

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Aug 05, 2005 on Syfy

• Great episode. Action, Drama, Romance, Intrigue - you name it, this episode's got it!

Episode 4 of season two, 'Resistance' is a good, well rounded episode. As I mentioned in my episode summary, this episode contains a dash or two of action, drama, romance, and intrigue. Here in the Battlestar Galactica universe there stands one or two episodes per season that stands a cut above the rest. The fourth episode, 'Resistance', is one of those above mentioned episodes that stands above the rest.

A couple of story arcs have either come to a stunning conclusion, or have moved along. There have also been a few new story "arcs" created in this episode. One such new arc, is the meeting of the Caprica stranded Starbuck and Helo with the so-called "resistance" they meet up with.

Colonel Tigh manages to screw thing up while the "old man", Admiral Adama, is convalescing in sick bay. The activation of martial law, not to mention letting President Roslin escape from the Battlestar Galctica, along with Apollo, Admiral Adama's son. Not a nice thing to wake up to.

I was not as surprised with the shooting in this episode as I was with Boomers shooting of Adama in the season one finale. I think it was more than anger that caused this shooting; it reeks of a Lee Harvey Oswald type conspiracy shooting. Cylon? Who knows? I guess we'll see.

In general, I really had no problems with this episode. The acting, directing, and cinematography, were spot on. With the time restraints I guess I can't blame editing with not including some of the extra footage, aka deleted scenes, but you can't have everything. Nice job with this one BSG!