Battlestar Galactica

Resurrection Ship, Part 1

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Jan 06, 2006 on Syfy

• Bloody minded.

The standoff between the Pegasus and Galactica Vipers made for some white knuckle, tension filled moments. I also enjoyed the scene aboard Colonial 1 after Adama and Cain called the Vipers back. I know I'm probably not supposed to like her as a character, but I can't help loving Cain's attitude and delivery. Her immediate impatience with Roslin even being present let alone acting as mediator, endeared me to her all the more. You can just see she's thinking, "Is this schoolteacher seriously trying to tell me how to conduct military affairs?" And it's the kind of thing where even if I didn't agree with Cain on her assessment of Roslin, I would still like her because she pulls the character off so well.

Roslin on her part earned that contempt I think, as telling Adama that he has to kill Cain was one of her scummier moments. It's not so much that she suggested it, because I understand the circumstances and the necessity to strip Cain of command(though at some point you do have to fear that your choices will mean you become no better than your enemies, whoever they might be). It's more how she said it, "You've gotta kill her." It was just classic Roslin. You. Not we, not us, not me, oh no, not I. See, she doesn't swim in that ****, she just stirs it up and then waits to see if any gets on her shoe. Adama is not your hitman and the military isn't your right hand of justice that you can call in whenever you need them or cut off a finger whenever you don't like how it's behaving. People like Roslin are the reason we have separation of powers and checks & balances.

I know I said my only regret was that Chief didn't get to kill Thorn slowly, but it was nice to see him and Helo getting a stay of execution. I liked Chief's lines about having to get over his feelings for Sharon and move on with his life. The way he presented it so simply, as if love was anything of the sort, made me feel for him. I can only imagine that the thoughts running constantly through his head(and Helo's) would be enough to drive you mad.

The outline of the attack on the Resurrection ship as well as Cain and Adama both ordering hits on the other had me very excited for the next episode. But most of this one did feel like setup, more talking than action. Not that I have a problem with that, as for the most part the lines were delivered well and were necessary for the plot. The dialogue heavy scenes helped establish a connection between Starbuck and Cain so that what Adama had asked Starbuck to do would be that much harder for her. As Tigh's scene with Fisk helped establish just how ruthless Cain really is.
  • This show indicates to me that Galactica is basically in a state of anarchy. I was very interested to find out how it would end.

The characters are shown as extremely loyal to their superiors rather than to an ultimate set of laws. This is suicidal for the Gallactica society because this sets up a society of anarchy.

I don't see anyone on either ship as being really evil in what they do. The two admirals plans to wipe each other out are based on their honest convictions. This also points out how useless their president is. She should have the power to make a decision one way or the other. One weakness of this show is that the president is highly reverred but does nothing to justify it in action. This leaves all the drama to the individual admirals or captains.
  • The only purpose this episode seemed to serve was to make viewers even more anxious for the following episode.

While I thought that this episode of Battlestar Galactica was pretty good, I can't help but feel ripped off that there was absolutely no resolution offered after the gigantic cliff-hanger at the end of Season 2.0. To be honest, the only thing I felt at the end of this episode was let down. Sure, there were some great moments and I'm eagerly anticipating the conclusion to the whole Admiral Cain crisis, but on the whole not enough happened here to justify a full hour of the show.

Hopefully tonight's episode will finally offer up a bit of resolution, though.
  • That's an exciting one! The suspence grows!

Exactly why i watch this series! The end of the episode leaves us heart-pumping waiting for the next episode. At the end both battlestar commanders order their subordinates to execute an assasin mission on the other battlestar commander. Watching this, especially the techniques of cutting of that scenes, was almost funny - 2 people, 1 thought.
    Also there is something new about the chief's and Helo's feelings about Sharon, - the chief appears to be almolst over their relationship, Helo still loves her, doesn't matter she is a cylon. We'll see, we'll see...
    I look forward to watch the great battle between cylons and human and finding out - will the plan of destroing the Ressurection ship success!
    Let's see...
  • The Adama-Cain conflict escalates to flashpoint. Pivotal findings are made regarding both enemy camps (Cylons and Cain).

At this point, I think its fair to expect great episodes out of the BSG cast and crew. Given these odds, you won't be disappointed.

Though not a great deal of traditional action occurs in this episode, many terrifying, nail-biting moments abound.

The drunken confessional exchange between the two XOs revealing the fate of Pegasus' civilian fleet was the second most riveting sequence in this ep. Col Tilgh was especially good in this sequence. Of course, Adama's giving the assassination order to Starbuck lead this ep for suspense and power.

I thought the final sequence with Adama/Cain talking to Starbuck/Cain's XO was well executed, and provides a shocking amount of parallel between the ruthlessness of both believing they are the righteous. Perhaps another warning of the dangers of a pure military mindset? I thought Olmos' delivery on the kill order to Starbuck was extremely powerful and one of his best acted sequences yet.

I started to think the President was acting suspicious while venting in her quarters to Adama, and then she drops the "transfer me to one of those new, young cylon bodies" line. I hope they weren't trying to set up a revelation for the next cylon. However, in retrospect, this makes decent sense. In particular, it helps make Gaius' appointment to VP more believable if there was direct Cylon influence on Roslin. But they could've gone with a subtler foreshadow if that is the gameplan.

The link between the caged Cylon model 6 and Gaius becomes more interesting. I am beginning to wonder how much each Cylon model has a shared, integrated nexus of knowledge and experiences. Is this dependent on proximity to the Resurrection ship? Or is the ship some sort of decoy? Agh, too many variables. Yet another ep that answers a couple question.
  • Were we really expecting anything less than excellence?

“Pegasus” left off with hints of a possible civil war between Cain and Adama, and as the title of the episode indicates, resolving that situation required more than a single episode. I consider that to be another indication of the series’ depth. As Ron Moore continually notes in his podcast commentaries, the episodes almost always run long, because any given situation presents the writes with a ton of character-driven moments worthy of attention.

This episode is a strong “middle chapter”, especially since it centers on character conflict. A civilian leader dying while the fate of the fleet lies in the power struggle between two military commanders? Sounds practically Shakespearian when you come right down to it. And as the episode progresses, the end of the final act is almost a foregone conclusion. That doesn’t make it any less powerful in execution.

There are a ton of moments in this episode that come as a shock. Perhaps the most obvious is Roslin’s advocation of assassination. She’s speaking from a very pragmatic point of view, but that doesn’t make it any less surprising. Roslin is typically so concerned with the preservation of life that it seems out of character for her to advocate killing. At the same time, it makes perfect sense: she sees the issue as a question of fleet survival. If Cain takes control, Roslin suspects what is later revealed to be true: Cain would sacrifice civilian survival for the sake of the “war effort”.

As with “Pegasus”, it’s possible to understand and even agree with Cain’s goals. One might even agree with some of her methods. She correctly identified Adama’s weaknesses as a military commander, many of which were intentional (recall that Adama was originally depicted as a man looking forward to retirement, willing to overlook strict military protocol in many instances). Yet that doesn’t make her treatment of prisoners remotely justifiable, nor does her attitude regarding civilians win many points.

If the episode was simply focused on the conflict between Cain and Adama, it would have been more than sufficient. But there was also the evolution of the relationship between Adama and Roslin. I don’t need them to become lovers; that would be going a bit too far. But I do accept that their struggle since the Cylon attack has given them reason to respect and admire each other, and that shows in several scenes. The bedside scene, however, is one of the best moments of the episode.

I also like the fact that Cain and Adama each choose assassins who are conflicted about following orders. Is Cain’s XO willing to kill Galactica’s command staff, or is he tempted by the thought of serving a more reasonable commander? Will Starbuck, strongly motivated to return to Caprica, still kill the admiral who promises to do just that? The conclusion of the story is fairly obvious, but how the events will play out is far less certain.

I’m still only scratching the surface, which is an indication of how dense the story truly was. The scene with Sharon and Adama, the scenes between Tyrol and Helo, not to mention the growing relationship between Baltar and Gina…all of those scenes advanced plot and character threads that will surely have future implications. This is the kind of episode that begs pages and pages of commentary and consideration. I can’t wait to see how it all plays out!
  • Much tension

Oh - the cliffhanger continues and even if the name of the episode really gives away the name of the ship this is all about, there is much to discovere - first I most say I love the development of the conflict between the commanders of Pegasus and Galactica. How they both know where it goes and president even thinking it and pushing Adama back to make the necessarily move. The ending was very well done - the mixed dialoges, the words...

And I most say I also liked Starbuck. When in the first I only knew that I do not like her char and on other chars I had no clear idea if I like them or not, then now - she is more and more starting to like.. She has courage to do the crazy things like going and seeing that ship.. and she really wants to go back to Carpica.. and that leaves the question - will she do what Adama said to her.
  • Beginning to End a great episode.

One thing about this television series it doesn’t let any barriers or moral impede each episode. One thing that doesn’t get televised too much is the inhuman treatment of prisoners. In while it happened in the previous episode, we see the ramifications of how that one act of saving Sharon setups the stage for the tensions in this episode. The acts that define what each battlestar has done to get to this point of the show is revealed. The major differences on how morale decisions are made and carried out. The dialogue on how it is carried out and what sequences keep you intrigued. Lots of suspense action and drama.
  • The tension between Adama and Cain continues, while Starbuck reminds everyone about the real enemy. A great return after the midseason break. This first episode since Time Magazine declared BSG the best show on TV should please newcomers to the show.

Another great episode! We finally learned about what happened to the other civilians and now we know more about the Cylon resurrection process. What makes Cain so chilling is that her actions are realistic. She isn't a caricature of a villain. After the initial Cylon attack, she was in a desperate situation and she calmly and calculatingly chose the path of military efficiency to the exclusion of all other considerations. Her great sin was forgetting what the purpose of the Colonial armed forces is: protecting ALL of humankind against external threats.

Roslin had been successful in convincing Adama to stay with the civilian fleet after the initial attack on the Colonial homeworlds. Adama's first instinct was to stand up and fight the Cylons. Now Roslin is becoming a woman of iron will and intense determination as she succumbs to her disease. I was surprised to see her role in the developing conspiracy, but I thought it worked well. Yet another plot element that I didn't see coming.

I'm glad to see that the show is not rusty after such a long break. This was the first episode since Time Magazine declared BSG to be the best show on television. I hope that attracted a lot of new viewers tonight. Most of them would have liked what they saw. Though you can't please all the people all the time, you can certainly please most of the people at least this time. I think Moore and company did just that.
  • Just when you thought they were gonna wrap up the Galactica/Pegasus storyline... it goes one more episode!

It amazed me how much I missed this show?

This was a great bridge from the spectacular cliff hanger that ended the first half of season two. As such, it doesn't really resolve anything. It just ratchets the tension up. I particularly enjoyed the closing overlapping scenes with Cain and Adama presenting their 'secret plans' to the weapon of choice. Left me almost unable to wait 'til next week. Probably my second favorite scene was the tense stand off of teh viper squads that opened the episode. Lot's of fun to watch and listen to the chaos.

Anyway, I was thrilled will all the actors - particularly Olmos and McDonnell. But everyone brought their A game.
  • Even if this episode is a setup episode, every conflict and relationship addressed was done with high quality and was worth of attention.

***This review details –» this is a "I" perspective, based in what I like and recognize to be good or interesting, this is not a "god" where the guy thinks what he thinks is the true or the "you" perspective where I know what you will like and what you don´t.***

The beginning was excellent, remembering us the conflict in play and Starbuck mission allowed to delay of the resolution of the conflict and show a new thing. The conflict is already set, the need of delay it is totally normal because the new information that Starbuck got and this is the main focus now, which is not a bad thing, because the tension of the conflict is addressed through the episode, like Cain attitude. This bring one of the best setup ending that BG had.

Presentation Phase - » (10/10) excellent beginning,
    Complication Phase - » (18/20) interactions and setups, very well made,
    Ending - » (10/10) perfect setup,

This is a setup episode, so the progress fit very well for this type of episode. Hard to say if there was filler scenes, but had no flaws and the Storyline is the same as the previous episode and continuous to be perfect.

Details/Progress (To point A to B) -» (18/20),
    Time and Scene Management - » (10/10),
    Plot Details/Holes- » (10/10),
    Storyline -» (10/10),

Since this is a setup episode, drama was the focus for everyone, Adama decision, what Cain did before, Cylon suffering, Helo and Chief doubts etc.

Drama - » (9/10) nice and great explorations,

Even if this episode a setup episode, every conflict and relationship addressed was done with high quality and was worth of attention.
  • A stunning return after the hiatus. Is it Friday yet?!?

Last week, I took some time to review "Pegasus" the story that led into this one--and I have to admit I've glad I did. Of course, since the show spent the first three minutes of this episode re-capping "Pegasus" I began to wonder if that was really necessary, but in the long run it turned out to be a good thing.

First of all, let me just say--wow, what way for Galactica to come back from the break. A solid, strong, entertaining episode that left me hanging and literally screaming that we had to wait another week to see how things played out. This episode is really the middle third of a trilogy of episodes and that can be a hard thing to sustain--you've got the promise from part one and you're building toward the plot climax in part three, so the question is--how do you sustain interest in part two without it feeling like the storyline is treading water?

BSG shows how here. Instead of being merely content to tread water, we start to get some payoffs of the conflicts from part one, we get some setting up of things for the conclusion in part three and we get some nice charater moments. When we last saw Galactica, her fleet was rushing toward the fleet of the Pegasus. Galactica was coming to get back Adama's crew members Tyrol and Helo who'd been tried, convicted and scheduled for execution by Admiral Cain for murdering one of her crew members.

A lot of the dramatic tension from this episode came from the contrast between the two crews, as pretty well summed up in the commanders. With Cain, we see a commander who respects the absolute letter of the law. In the case of Helo and Tyrol, they killed a man on her crew. By the letter of the law, they have committed a crime and should be punished for it. Let's not take into account that her crew was torturing a prisoner and ready to rape Caprica Sharon. Let's not take into account that these two men both have strong feelings for Sharon and were protecting her. Let's not take into account a wide variety of things, but instead look at absolutes. Did they do it? Yes. So, by the reasoning of Cain, they deserve to be punished for their crimes. By the book, she can have them executed, which she decides to do.

Meanwhile, we have Adama. Over the course of the show, we've seen that while Adama respects the rules and the chain of command, he's more interested in the spirit of the law or justice rather than following the letter of the law. He's more a shades of gray kind of commander. He realizes there are rules and he follows them up to a point. If he were to stick strictly the rules, Lee would still be in the brig, Tigh wouldn't be second in command and the Galactica and her crew might well have been destroyed the Cylons long ago.

As we watch the episode unfold, it's hard to imagine that Adama would strip a civilian fleet of ships, choose those members of the fleet he needed and then order the execution of those family members of the choosen few who refused to come along on the trip. I am sure this is well within her perogative under military law as followed by Cain, but that doesn't necessarily make it the right thing to do. Also, we seem to see that Cain is willing to follow the rules or enforce them to get what she wants. She's a very rigid commander, focused on a prize or goal. She wants to preserve military order in the fleet and has little or no use for the civilians. In a lot of ways you get the feeling that had Adama died in the first few stories of the season, that Tigh would be facing many of the issues Cain is becuase of his reliance on the military rules of order and his contentious relationship with politicans.

It is interesting to watch both commanders get to the point where they realize that the one thing standing in their way of leading in the style they're used to is the other person. Roslin sees it long before Adama does, noting out loud that it'd be easier for everyone if Cain were dead. I enjoyed seeing how Roslin plants a seed and while Adama is at first reluctant to see that Cain's being out of the picture is better for the greater good of the fleet, he slowly comes around. It leads to the point in the final moments where Adama asks Starbuck to execute Cain. The chilling thing is that Adama's plan--to take advantage of a moment of victory to take out an opponent--is pretty much the exact same plan the Cylons used to get Boomer close enough to Adama for the attempted assignation to end last season. Adama has learned from his enemies--not only how to fight them. We didn't get to see Starbuck's reaction to this, but I have hope that come part two of this story, we'll see her taken aback by the Old Man's request. After all, Cain has placed faith in Starbuck and promoted her. Of course, Cain is all about what can help her at that moment and is very impulsive as we've seen and heard. I have a feeling that Starbuck's loyalty will be to Adama, though the previews were careful to now show us who was on the other end of the gun pointed at Cain in the previews. I wonder if Starbuck will have the intenstinal fortitude to go through with it or might betray Adama because she (Starbuck) wants to go back to Caprica for Anders and Cain seems to be on board with that plan while Adama is not.

Oh, the complexity of this show....how I love it. And I haven't even begun to touch the whole Baltar trying to heal the brutalized Six on Pegasus and her requests to be killed. Interesting to hear that, esp. in light of what we know about the target the two crews are new going after. To make the Cylons fear death might make them a bit less relentless in their pursuit of humanity...or will it make them even more zealous in their pursuit? And would it sever some of the connection that Baltar has to Six in his head if the ship isn't as close to the fleet? It gives you pause....

Yep, I know where I'll be on Friday nights for the next nine or so weeks. Let me just say, I cannot wait for next week. I am hopeful that it will have it all--action, laughs, character development, drama. I've said it before and I'll say it again--damn, this show is good.
  • This is something

All I can really say is WOW. I am continually being amazed by this series. I initially rented the miniseries because I was a fan of the orginal series back in the day. I quickly fell in love with the characters and the stories. This episode is no different. I was rivited watching this and am dying to get to next week to see how it turns out. There are few shows that I am on the edge of my seat waiting for but this series is now one of them.
  • An excellent return after a break that went on too long.

What I hate about mid-season hiatuses is how they waste tension. There was a good deal of build-up towards the end 'Pegasus', and yet all of that tension seems lost in what is essentially a 'previously on Galactica' that takes the first 20 minutes of this installment.

It does, nevertheless, make dramatic sense. You have to tone done the tension a notch to bring it up back two - or eleven - which is what the final sequence, with the overlaying of dramatic pronouncements from both commanders, Adama and Cain, accomplishes.

A superb performance from Katee Sackhoff is worth a special mention, she truely shines as the CAG of Pegasus. I'd give it a full 10 if not for the somewhat wasted beginning and a slightly lackluster performance from Jamie Bamber.
  • With the Battlestars about ready to shoot at each other Starbuck arrives in time to stop the bloodshed, and the plot thickens in the Cain/Adama conflict.

In this episode we learn more of Admiral Cain's past wrongdoings. I don't know if she is heartless, or if she is just so obsessed with taking it to the Cylons that her judgement is clouded, but either way, she is quite the piece of work. In Cain we see the picture of human cruelty, shortsightedness and falability.

Starbuck's timely arrival and promotion to Pegasus CAG may perhaps be hinting at an increased leadership role for her at some point in the future. And of course Adama's final orders to her at the end of the episode certainly will put her in the position to have a possible long lasting impression on the future of the fleet and humanity.

The end of the episode puts the final pieces of the puzzle together for one last showdown between Adama and Cain. All the friction between the Galactica and Pegasus has been building up and will (presumably) come to some sort of conclusion in the next episode.

The episode continues the drama, suspense and tension that was established in the previous one and, as usual with Galactica to date, keeps the viewer on the edge of their seat. Hopefully the conclusion to this conflict will prove to be as captivating as the events in it have been to date.
  • There's always another cliff

At the end of "Pegasus" I was thinking that there was no way they could have a more intense cliff-hanger. Two squadrons of Vipers bearing down on each other, with the lives of two beloved crew members in danger, what could be more intense? How about two rival commanders ordering reluctant subordinants to execute their adversary? Yeah, that'll do it. If these BSG guys need a couple of months off from time to time to keep up this level of drama, then by all means take it. I'll wait.

These Peggies may not be the nicest of people, but at least they know how to torture a Cylon. What was the best Starbuck could come up with, a bucket of water? I don't know what happened to their Six, but it certainly left an impression. I wonder what that mission of hers was...perhaps a flashback some day will reveal it. Kind of like that one episode of Lost where they showed what happened to those tail people. Could be cool. And do I detect some trouble between Baltar and his imaginary friend? First he doesn't want to hang out with her, then he steals her little speech about sports and hangs out with someone who looks remarkably like her. I don't think women care for that sort of thing, but if it works out it could be interesting for everyone involved, especially if there was some kind of three-way. Mmmm, identical robot woman menage-a-trois. Sign me up. Admiral Cain didn't seem quite so nutty in this one. Her logic is pretty solid, her plans are bold, and she rewards the people who deserve it. Except for Lee, but that's what he gets, I guess. So why is she just so wrong? Is it simply because she's going after our heroes? Or because she will inevitably strip the civilian fleet and leave the human race drifting in space to die? Yeah, there's that.
  • Following a truce, Cain and Adama employ Starbuck, promoted to CAG, and Apollo to devise a plan to destory a key Cylon ship, the Resurrection Ship, where Cylons return after they die. They then plot each other\'s assassinations.

The idea of a temperary truce to destroy a larger enemy is a real world concept, just one thing Michael Rymer brings to this episode. The cruel methodology with which Cain demotes Apollo and Stinger (\"Captain Taylor\") to replace them with Starbuck, along the information that she marooned a civilian fleet, is meant to relay that she deserves to go, but that she also is pragmatic, in sharp contrast to Adama, who prefers to adapt his people are to current circumstances.
    This episode also reveals how ruthless Laura is, and how self-serving. Granted, she genuinely cares about Adama, but she also knows that Admiral Cain is slowly stripping her of her own authority; hence, she pressures Adama to kill Cain.
    The methods that both C.O.s plan to kill each other are indicative of how different they operate. Adama sends one person, who is loyal, and who may not make it out. Cain sends a squad to ensure the job is completed.
  • Good to have back

The episode was a great welcome back the characters were all refreshed, though the Pegasus taking control and messing up the Galactica is very annoying, but hey let's all hope they get blowed up, eh? And get back to the storyline that sucked us in to start with. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not a soap opera like most shows at this point (let’s hope it doesn’t become) but some of it seems a bit over the top.
  • How can this series ever jump the shark if they keep making every episode better than the previous one? :D

An awesome episode, and an excellent way to start the new(ish) season! I absolutely loved the intensity at the end, and the surprise suggestion from President Roslin. This show cuts through the bull and plays politics better than the West Wing does! No matter how man of my friends look at me like I'm a Trekkie when I talk about this show, every time one of them watches it, they become a fan!

This left me aching for the next episode, I gotta know how this is going to sort itself out! Which one is going to go first?

If you havent started watching this series yet, now is the time to drink the kool-aid!
  • Battlestar back to form after the LONG break. Excellent episode building the tension between Cain and Adama. Fantastic series !

Great episode to get series 2(b) back on stream.

Just one hole in the plot is the fact the XO for the Pegasus keeps telling stories on Admiral Cain and dropping her in it. Or maybe he\'s just getting it of his chest.... dunno, that was the only weak bit for me.

The rest was great,

Starbuck getting made CAG and Apollo getting a bit pissed about it :)

Roslin handling Adama and Cain and getting her way

And how the hell can Number 6 (Tricia Helfer) look almost better looking as the beat up version ! Amazing :)

Just wet my appetite for the next episode.

Roll on Battlestar !

Shmern
  • If you missed this episode you will be lost. Alot went on and got wrapped up.

Tonight's episode we saw what conclusions to things that were started in the mid season finale.
    We say that Helo and Chief were still in the brig and still alive.
    The Pegasus took on the Galatica. Each fighters told to not fire unless fired upon. There was some great flying shots in the battle. Starbuck again saves the day in that when she returns from the recon mission they all think she is a cylon ship and all the attention turns to the common enemy instead of the internal combustion of one another.
    We learn just how ruthless women can be in the thoughts of Admiral Cain and the President. Adama step up to the plate and joins their leagues as well.
    The action and intensity of this episode was fantastic.
    When it was over I was like that was all?
    Until Next week.
  • This episode demonstrates exactly why I love this show! Superbly crafted, I instantly forgot that there had been a break of three months and am now desperately willing the hours away until I can get my grubby little mitts on part two!

Without a doubt, one of the best episodes to date!

Lost has disappointed so far this season and I've lost interest in both Alias and Desperate Housewives, so it has been a blessing that BSG has been so damn good. But after a break of nearly three months I knew it had to be good to get me back into the swing of things - and what an episode! I'm chomping at the bit for part 2, the suspense is killing me!

Fantastic episode from start to finish, THIS is what sci-fi is all about!
  • Quite simply incredible, easily one of the best episodes yet.

Not a step missed between this and the season 2A cliffhanger "Pegasus." The tension, questions and emotions are built upon, giving us a much richer insight into the lives of the Galactica/Pegasus crews.

With the viper stand-off narrowly averted, (the tension of the pilots was palpable), the two battlestars return to an uneasy peace. Cain's characted is further developed, particularly when we hear that the Pegasus at one point had a civilian fleet - only later to be stripped for parts.

The episode is another beauty that truly sets Battlestar Galactica apart from all other television. Its emotional peaks and troughs were expertly executed, leaving us hanging at just the right moment. ("I want you to take out your firearm...")

Will Cain get her way? Is this a turning point in the series? Tune in next time to find out...
  • Resurrection Ship, Part 1

Resurrection Ship, Part 1 was a superb and very entertaining episode of Battlestar Galactica and I really enjoyed watching this episode because there was a lot of action, tension between Adama and Cain, and Starbuck comes through with photos of a Cylon Resurrection ship and this leads to a truce though Cain and President Roslin have ulterior motives and missions. I really liked how deep the characters have become, especially the new ones from Pegasus. I look forward to watching the next episode and to see what happens next!!!!!!!!!
  • A great 2 parter episode.

Pegasus is again on the spotlight. After preventing a direct confrontation with the 2 battlestars, the two bsg commanders work together against a valuable cylon target, one that will make their lives easier in this sector if they destroy it. this is a really cool episode. taking out cylon targets is so cool, especially a big target where we see huge ships getting blown up in space, that's a really cool sight in this show. but the battlestars have conflict within themselves as adama and admiral cain plot against each other. this adds to the tension for the plot, this is exciting.
  • Beautifully crafted, this ep has a high shock factor as we are presented with very strong emotive images.

This ep had an OMG factor of 10 for me.
    The images were so strong, I defy anyone not to be moved.
    From rape and torture to assassination plots, to pitting friends and colleagues against one another I felt I was being dragged along through an emotional minefield.
    Brilliant ep., magnificient writing, fabulous set design and several particularly hateful characters to make us love the regular characters even more.
  • After a long hiatus, welcome back Battlestar Galactica.

This has to be the best episode of the season. The whole Adama/Cain issue is about to come to a boil. Roslin showing some guts with what she tells Adama he must do. Starbuck not being sure of herself after being promoted to CAG. I think the moment with Adama and Roslin was touching. He has truly come to care for her and having lost so much already, I dont think he wants to lose her too. I hope somehow she is cured. I hope Cain gets it next episode cause she has lost it.
  • Welcome back, Galactica, we missed you!

With the long hiatus finally over the crew got back to business. So many excellent storylines in one hour that are all flawlessly written and performed is just one of the reasons this show is the best on TV. Cain/Adama, the Resurrection ship, Boomer, Giaus and Six, I could go on! If you haven't watched the show before start now so you can catchup and enjoy the ride.
    As my wife says "I love this show, but its almost too intense."
  • Damn

I can't believe this episode. Every week I tell myself that that week's episode is the best ever. And every week following that another one comes along. The first season had maybe one slow episode that I will probably never watch much anymore, but this season is like a disease. It spreads into every aspect of the arcs that were created at the beginning of the series. I can only see this show getting even better as some of the plots are revealed, cylons are unmasked, and the true plan of the Cylons has been revealed.

The Resurrection Ship was exactly what I thought it was, that was not much of a surprise. I was shocked at how 6/Gina was so willing to die. As if her mission was complete, she has no more purpose. With that said I feel that there is still something tricky about Sharon. She may love Helo and may want to save her baby, but she knows that when Adama is through with her he won't have any use for her.

Finally, there is confusion towards possible cylons, or maybe just crazy people. Roslin was very quick to have Caine killed, where she could have just used her power to tie her hands so to speak. Even though she knew it wouldn't help, just coming out with it made it seem sort of strange. Then there's Caine, she was real quick on assigning Kara as CAG, which she disobeyed orders just a Lee did. Then she turns around and authorizes first priority to return to their home worlds. I really think that she more than likely isn't a cylon, war has taken it toll on her. She might have lost someone or possibly "something" that has taken affect.

The last scene just gave me chills. I could not believe the detail both of them went to to set the plan in motion.

The best episode yet, but there is next week. Til then.