Battlestar Galactica

Resurrection Ship, Part 1

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Jan 06, 2006 on Syfy

• Damn

I can't believe this episode. Every week I tell myself that that week's episode is the best ever. And every week following that another one comes along. The first season had maybe one slow episode that I will probably never watch much anymore, but this season is like a disease. It spreads into every aspect of the arcs that were created at the beginning of the series. I can only see this show getting even better as some of the plots are revealed, cylons are unmasked, and the true plan of the Cylons has been revealed.

The Resurrection Ship was exactly what I thought it was, that was not much of a surprise. I was shocked at how 6/Gina was so willing to die. As if her mission was complete, she has no more purpose. With that said I feel that there is still something tricky about Sharon. She may love Helo and may want to save her baby, but she knows that when Adama is through with her he won't have any use for her.

Finally, there is confusion towards possible cylons, or maybe just crazy people. Roslin was very quick to have Caine killed, where she could have just used her power to tie her hands so to speak. Even though she knew it wouldn't help, just coming out with it made it seem sort of strange. Then there's Caine, she was real quick on assigning Kara as CAG, which she disobeyed orders just a Lee did. Then she turns around and authorizes first priority to return to their home worlds. I really think that she more than likely isn't a cylon, war has taken it toll on her. She might have lost someone or possibly "something" that has taken affect.

The last scene just gave me chills. I could not believe the detail both of them went to to set the plan in motion.

The best episode yet, but there is next week. Til then.