Battlestar Galactica

Resurrection Ship, Part 1

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Jan 06, 2006 on Syfy

• The Adama-Cain conflict escalates to flashpoint. Pivotal findings are made regarding both enemy camps (Cylons and Cain).

At this point, I think its fair to expect great episodes out of the BSG cast and crew. Given these odds, you won't be disappointed.

Though not a great deal of traditional action occurs in this episode, many terrifying, nail-biting moments abound.

The drunken confessional exchange between the two XOs revealing the fate of Pegasus' civilian fleet was the second most riveting sequence in this ep. Col Tilgh was especially good in this sequence. Of course, Adama's giving the assassination order to Starbuck lead this ep for suspense and power.

I thought the final sequence with Adama/Cain talking to Starbuck/Cain's XO was well executed, and provides a shocking amount of parallel between the ruthlessness of both believing they are the righteous. Perhaps another warning of the dangers of a pure military mindset? I thought Olmos' delivery on the kill order to Starbuck was extremely powerful and one of his best acted sequences yet.

I started to think the President was acting suspicious while venting in her quarters to Adama, and then she drops the "transfer me to one of those new, young cylon bodies" line. I hope they weren't trying to set up a revelation for the next cylon. However, in retrospect, this makes decent sense. In particular, it helps make Gaius' appointment to VP more believable if there was direct Cylon influence on Roslin. But they could've gone with a subtler foreshadow if that is the gameplan.

The link between the caged Cylon model 6 and Gaius becomes more interesting. I am beginning to wonder how much each Cylon model has a shared, integrated nexus of knowledge and experiences. Is this dependent on proximity to the Resurrection ship? Or is the ship some sort of decoy? Agh, too many variables. Yet another ep that answers a couple question.