Battlestar Galactica

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Jun 13, 2008 on Syfy

• D'Anna forces four of the final five Cylons out of secrecy; revealing their identities to the entire fleet. Starbuck's viper and the four lead the way to Earth...

Wow. This episode was the best episode of the entire series (so far; as I'm sure the series finale will be the best). The writing was superb and the acting was top notch. Drama. Tension. Revelations. Closure (?).

D'Anna is my hands-down favorite character on the entire show. I was beyond happy when she came on the show, thinking, "Oh, she can never leave since she's a Cylon!" Then, she got boxed. But... She came back, and set things into motion that would lead to Earth.

The four of the final five being revealed to everyone was done perfectly. Tory discreetly going onto the ship (I'm glad Roslin was the first person to find out). Tigh telling Adama (which almost made me cry again; but I didn't, although the previous episode had me in tears at the end). Adam's reaction, to me, was unexpected but brilliantly done. Edward James Olmos better get an Emmy nod!

The entire sequence with D'Anna ready to push the button and Lee about the turn the key and Starbuck rushing to stop them was SO intense. I was literally screaming at the T.V. "Hurry Starbuck! Hurry! Run!" I just loved the whole thing.

Ah. Earth. After forever, they finally have the coordinates. The jump, with the counting down, killed me. I was like, "Oh my God, what's going to happen?" They made the jump and everyone celebrated. Great scene.

Then, they go down to the planet. That one long moving shot panning across practically every character was beautiful. The looks on their faces. Roslin looked almost as if she knew it was too good to be true. D'Anna's face was filled with shock. All the way across every one. Then the camera rose up to see the ruins of a city.

I think that city was New York City. I don't know about you. One of the ruins, looked like the middle part of a bridge (Brooklyn Bridge, maybe?) Who knows? But, I think it is (or rather, was) the Big Apple.

But, what of the final Cylon? Where is everyone on Earth? What happened?

Here are my takes on those questions.

The final Cylon is no one we know. I think the final Cylon was programmed to go to Earth when it was created. The Cylon "God" sent it there as a sort of beacon. The God didn't tell any of the other models because they needed to find their own way to Earth. But, the final Cylon gave them a little help; by sending the four the song to bring them together and then giving them the coordinates to Earth.

However, I think while all of this was happening there was some sort of nuclear war on Earth that destroyed all life (expect maybe that final Cylon) and the fleet got there a little too late.

It sounds crazy but I think it is too predictable for it to be any of the major characters. If it is one of the major characters, a lot of people might go, "I knew it!" and I don't think the producers want that.

I don't know but, I've strayed from the episode. It was the best episode and had the right amount of action, tension, drama, and resolution. And seriously, the best cliffhanger the show has ever seen (oh yeah, I said that; better than the one year later AND the Adama getting shot AND the Starbuck coming back COMBINED).

The BEST episode. Good job, BSG. I can't wait for 2009 and the rest of the season!