Battlestar Galactica

Revelations

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Jun 13, 2008 on Syfy

• Re-elect Lee Adama 2008; and Starbuck will be the cause of destruction of mankind

As others have mentioned, and I do agree, this was very much an episode about Saul Tigh. Tigh is the perfect soldier, and it shows in this episode.

To me, though, the greatest moment of the episode was with Lee Adama when the Admiral asked whether or not BSG should destroy the base ship of the rescue attempt failed. "It's your call, Mr. President." I felt that was when Lee suddenly felt the weight of office. He recovered quickly, and once Roslin dies, he will make a great President. Of all the characters in the show, Lee is my favorite.

I'm surprised that BSG found Earth. One jump? That's it? Rushed, but then again, that is one of the signatures of the show. The writers have always made great jumps: the the founding of New Caprica, the occupation by the Cylons, finding Earth. I haven't been disappointed by this show yet, and this episode certainly delivers.

I'm also glad that Earth wasn't filled with people. BSG landing in 2008 America would have been lame, and it's been done (The 4400; Galactica 1980). And this show has many loose ends to wrap up:

Is Baltar a prophet of the one true God, and what was up between he & Number 6 all these years? Will we see the reconciliation between the humans' & the Cylon's scriptures (Humans: There are those who believe that life here began out there" Cylons: All of this has happened before. All of this will happen again)? And will Starbuck be the cause of destruction of all humans?