Battlestar Galactica

Revelations

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Jun 13, 2008 on Syfy

• Shoot me stab me hang me but I felt let down.

I know, I know, it's the crescendo, right? Two races, same goal, Right? Earth is finally here, right? It's the best show on television, and I felt let down.
    First of all, the pacing of it was WAY too quick. Monumental things happened every 10 minutes while in the past we had to sit through whole episodes of nothing happening. The truce with the Cylons, the "Earth is here" speech, it was done "matter-of-factly", probably feeling the pressure of having to wrap it up before the season break. These scenes should have had a lot more weight than they had, that's all. A 2 hour finale done in one hour.
    And then there was Earth itself.
    Now, I'm sure half of you HAD to groan at the site; not ANOTHER post-apocalyptic Planet-of-the-Apes type script! There was SO much they could have done with this; so many time periods, so many surprises... And we get this.
    Not that the writers can't dig us out of this; not that the season was bad by any stretch of the imagination; it's just that I was maybe caught in that web of expecting too much.