Battlestar Galactica

Revelations

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Jun 13, 2008 on Syfy

• I will never watch another episode of this show. Trite, predictable, nonsensical and for the least common denominator of viewers with low expectations and the easily amused.

1.1
    This episode was a travesty. This show has been in steady decline since season 3 began and after this craptacular episode I won't be watching any of the remaining 12.

What really bothers me about this, is the same thing that kept me from watching the show when it first began to air:

the Sci-Fi channel is practically a burn victim ward of bad writing and poor production values.

In the first 2 seasons of this show, I heard so many of my friends sing it's praises that I put all that prejudice against the Sci-fi channel aside. I wondered to myself: Could it be that somehow the upper management and producers on this channel finally got it through their anemic little heads regarding bad writing that stretches not only the imagination but the ability to suppress a gag reflex is actually a BAD IDEA? How could they possibly follow such a colossal blunder like canceling Firefly with such a fantastically good idea like BSG?

I watched and loved the first two seasons, every episode was a masterpiece and the writing was amazing. I couldn't believe the show was actually a Sci-Fi channel product!!! I let my guard down.

Then something familiar happened in season 3... the show hit a turning point somewhere, somehow, the show started to suck. The writing became bland and predictable. The show stopping gasps of revelation and amazement were replaced with literally show-stopping gasps of horror... wherein I turned off the TV mid-episode and was horrified.

I had hoped season 4 would repair all the damage from season 3. it didn't. This episode clinched it. I won't even justify this review with spoilers, it was just bad. Predictable in all the wrong places and unpredictably non-sensical in all the others. The first two seasons made this show with jaw dropping, gut wrenching moments where new and more awful secrets were revealed, the second two seasons destroyed this show by just making the new secrets awful in all the wrong ways.