Battlestar Galactica

Revelations

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Jun 13, 2008 on Syfy

• well done season final, though it did seemed rushed through because of the writer's strike

Like others on here, I also felt the episode had too much info and too many revelations. The final four revealed and getting to earth all in one episode was too much. It is no secret for us fans that the writer's strike played havoc with the show, and there was talk of ending the show after this episode if the strike dragged on. It had the feel of an emergency series final.

On the plus side, I don not agree with the reviewers that didn't like th actual content. I am sensig old star trek fandom here in a bad way where people are not satisfied with anything. The acting was again superb an I thought the ending with a decimated earth was a perfect fit for the bleak tone of the show. For years, charaters kept saying "all this has happened before" and this was the payoff of that line. It indeed did happen before. This fictional universe has only two characters the fleet and the cylons. There are no aliens, no hope of others riding to the rescue. If there was another society on this earth, it would ruin (for me) the empty universe feel of the show, which is one of the things I liked about it and was most intriging. There are no earth battleships to fight the cylons, or vulcans or klingons. There is only the survivors and the cylons. The season ending earth reveal was consistent with the series and reflected the whole premise of the show, and so I liked it. The colonials and the cylons both learned there is no fresh start or second chances. They reached their goal and they now know they frakked it up here on earth too.