Battlestar Galactica

Sacrifice

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Feb 10, 2006 on Syfy

• This episode vomits on the otherwise superb, thrilling Battlestar Galactica. AVOID this episode !!!

How to begin? Well, the acting was okay, the direction was okay, the production values were good...

But the WRITING: Arrgghh? Did some writers lose the script? Did their dog eat it? Did they forget EVERYTHING a writer should know about writing and dialogue?

I guess so.

1) The "villains" in this episode are never developed as people. We see the same old flashback of the woman, over and over, no other clue as to who she is or the complexity of her motives.

2) Her henchmen aren't even given names, much less characters. They merely stand in as props for this laughable plot.

3) Lee Adama escapes into the bathroom with Col Thai's (sp?) wife, and has a distinct advantage, which the writers dance up and down to throw away. They rush out with no thoughts about consequences (just like the writers). What a bunch of baloney.

4) Mad gunfire and confusion, and the Marines Retreat from their positions? I don't think so. What a bunch of crappy, unbelievable tripe.

5) Billy just has to go, so they send him out in the stupidest way possible.

6) This has all the hallmarks of the Hollywood Writers Guild on it. It is not even sophomoric in its quality.

I cannot imagine how the producers ALLOWED this one to be filmed, much less aired !

AVOID THIS EPISODE if you love this series.