Battlestar Galactica

Sacrifice

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Feb 10, 2006 on Syfy

• This is over.

Yeah, things seem to be at an absolute standstill with any kind of season or series arcing plot, besides character development and personal relationships. I understand that the destruction of the Resurrection ship dealt a huge blow to the Cylons, so it makes sense why there haven't been any major run ins with them. But they should take advantage of that, especially with two battlestars at their disposal. Make some serious headway towards Earth or go back on the offensive, maybe some hit and runs like Cain was talking about. And its not that I just want action sequences, but some kind of advancement to the plot.

I kind of like Billy(character is okay, not big on the actor), but I thought his death was done really badly. And I thought the plot they had hinted at with him one day stepping into Roslin's shoes would of been an interesting way to take the character down the line. The way they killed him off seemed so pointless, like they needed to do something and that's what sprang to mind. So his death didn't do much for me other than make me regret not seeing his character develop the way I was hoping he would. I was begging him to remember how things went the last time he held a gun but, love is a strange and wonderful thing, that'll make you do crazy things...I guess.

I probably would've missed Apollo but at no point did I really fear for his life, didn't seem at all likely this would be the time they killed him off. Also, romantic relationships always walk a fine line with me, because most of the time they're my least favorite aspect of a drama. I think the Billy, Dee, and Apollo triangle(or square if you wanna toss Starbuck in there) was one of those times. Though if Starbuck being the one to shoot Apollo has some lasting effect on their relationship then the whole thing might be worth it. Not that Dee in a dress with her hair down wasn't bad either.

The main plot didn't really hold my interest, I couldn't develop any feelings or empathy for Sasha. Everyone has lost someone, that doesn't give you the right to dictate military strategy. And your going to kill humans, so you can kill a Cylon, because your favorite human was killed by them? Seems like you're going about this the wrong way. So I was basically just waiting for someone to kill her. I think the development in Adama and Sharon's relationship was the best aspect of that storyline and those last couple shots of her were a nice way to leave the viewer still wondering where her loyalties lie.

Not one of my favorites, and in fact probably amongst my least so far in the series.