Battlestar Galactica

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Feb 03, 2006 on Syfy

• Much better than "Black Market" and yet i found it strangely annoying at times.

This is a bit of a funny episode for me. The previous one, "Black Market," i really disliked because i didn't think it felt like the show i'd grown to love. This one brings us back to the things that Galactica does well, ie Character and Beautiful direction, and yet something simply didn't fit for me.

I think the worst thing for me was the character of Kat. She just really annoyed me. I know the writers have been trying to show how she's become the rival to Starbuck in the last few episodes, but it simply didn't scan for me that she would have the kind of relationship with Starbuck that she did, at least not yet. Also, i didn't buy Starbuck's obsession with Anders. That being said, i didn't buy it in "Home" either, and i know that Ron Moore wanted to build it a bit more but didn't have the time. In this ep though, I don't think enough time had been invested into creating that obession.

However, i did enjoy a lot of the ep. I liked the fact that we just had the pilots, and didn't get overdone with other plot devices. I thought it was shot wonderfully, in particular the briefing room scenes with the flight videos.

My only other gripe: Cavatine from "The Deer Hunter?" Honestly guys.