Battlestar Galactica

Sine Qua Non

Aired Friday 10:00 PM May 30, 2008 on Syfy

• This will likely not be the harshest or cruelest review of this episode, seeing many would likely consider this one of the weak points of season 4.

4.2
    The prior episode ended with an amazing cliffhanger as the cylon alliance jumped with the president and Baltar (amongst some others). After a two week hiatus we all wanted to see where they went and if they were going to de-box Diana. However, instead we got a Lee storyline, and one that was hard to even care about. With President Roslin missing in action, the fleet is in turmoil and looking for a temporary replacement. That leads Lee to turn to Baltar's ex-attorney to bring up some deep but pointless conversations. Oh, and of course their is the ever over-used gun to important characters head scene, because we haven't seen enough of them yet this season. The second storyline is almost non-existent, and that would be the Commanders anguish at the missing president and an interesting twist with 6 and Tigh, which is barely even brought up. As a whole, if you skipped this episode you could understand the rest of this season likely very easily, and only because of some decent dialogue is this episode not rated even lower.