Battlestar Galactica

Sine Qua Non

Aired Friday 10:00 PM May 30, 2008 on Syfy

• Battlestar; back on track finally!

This episode like the former finally got Season 4 back on track and heralded the welcome return of Mark Sheppard; an actor that should be a main player. This guy owns every scene he is in and really should be featured more in this show or any other come to that matter. I watched this episode slightly worse for wear and think I lost the cat thing? How did the cat die? The transition of Lee to President was a tad predictable but the stepping down of Adama was not. And leaving Tigh in charge of the fleet considering current circumstances was a stroke of genius by Moore and Eick. I really had thought this season got off to a bad start but they came back kicking with the last 2 episodes. I liked they took a leaf out of Lost too by leaving the other character's fates hanging and not explaiing where the hell they jumped to or why? I am quite surprised this episode has fared so harsly with other viewers; it was by far the best episode this season and gave us some classic touching Adama moments. Now the season is back on track I am sure we will have some revolutionary viewing ahead of us. It always makes me chuckle when you consider this show was born of the camp Star Wars pastiche of the Glen Larson version and the fans who moan 'oh they've ruined it'. If television this strong is ruining something I'm all for it!