Battlestar Galactica

Six Degrees of Separation

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Feb 18, 2005 on Syfy

• A woman (Number six of the Cylons) accuses Dr. Gaius Baltar of betraying the humans to the Cylons, by giving them access to the defense mainframe.

This episode is very interesting. For once it focuses more on Gaius Baltar. To me he is one of the most interesting characters of Battlestar Galactica. In this episode we really see why.
    Gaius, unlike everybody else on the Battlestar Galactica, is not worried about the end of the human race. He would be okay living with the Cylons, even if everyone human died. All he wants is for him to stay alive. He only cares about himself. And this episodes shows that well.
    He tries to manipulate and be friendly with everybody when he thinks he might be in danger.
    But all of these things make us love him even more. He is the human at it's very basic level. This episode also shows the cleverness of Cylons. They are not just stupid machines, they have a well thought out plan. Only the future will tell us what it is. But this episode makes you wonder whether Gaius is really having hallucinations or whether his visions are part of the Cylons' plan.