Battlestar Galactica

Six Degrees of Separation

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Feb 18, 2005 on Syfy

• Baltar's head friend comes to life as he denounces God. His head friend, though, tries to expose Baltar for what he did back in the miniseries. Baltar will then stop at nothing to fabricate his innocence!

Awesome? Why, yes, awesome. This episode is brilliant! I love Baltar, and this episode showcases him in a way that hasn't been done before in this series. It's hilarious, intriguing, and the God concept is very interesting. It has many iconic moments, and scenes, in my view. Shelly Godfrey, one of the many mysteries. Thinking of her name, is it much of a coincidence. God-free. Isn't that why Baltar was in this situation? Because he didn't believe in God? Clever title. Gaeta's scenes were great, ESPECIALLY the scene in the bathroom. I was laughing so hard; brilliant. The whole story with Baltar trying to prove his innocence was great, and Roslin's line, "May the gods have mercy on your soul" was chilling. The end was just brilliant. Shelly Godfrey just...disappears. I got chills in the last five minutes. The very end, with a naked Six walking away, and Baltar following her is one of the most iconic Baltar scenes ever, in my opinion. The music and the images and the lighting...I got chills. Amazing episode. 9.5/10 or an A. If I love it so much, why does it not get a 10? Because it's not a masterpiece. It's not something new. It's not artistically brilliant. But it's fun. It's interesting. It's one of my favorite episodes, simply because of it being funny, intriguing, character-based, awesome story, etc. It isn't that deep like other episodes, but it's just an honest good story executed brilliantly. Long live BSG!