Battlestar Galactica

Six Degrees of Separation

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Feb 18, 2005 on Syfy

• There are so many things to love about this episode

Where do I start with this gem of an episode?

Well with Baltar, the star of the show. This episode really shows off James Callis' superb acting ability. He combines the impending doom of Baltar with his established eccentric nature and, particularly in this episode, lots of humour. And he pulls it off brilliantly. The humour is very well played because it doesn't make BSG seem cheesy, or ruin the tension, and that is definitely down to Callis' delivery and his chemistry with the rest of the cast.

I particularly loved when he comes into CIC, and Shelley Godfrey is there. The whole scene where he thinks they can't see her, but they can, is priceless. It's also interesting to see Baltar's building strange friendship with Gaeta. Maybe for every comedian you need a straight man.

I really enjoyed the whole story of the fake photos, his predicament and the ensuing discovery that it's a fake. It’s also interesting how Roslyn is rather two-faced, and she’s suddenly all friends with him again... not that that'll last for long.

I thought Shelley was great, and added a new dimension to the Sixes. Totally loved when she overplayed the scene with Adama, and the small touch of the glasses left behind.

I thought it was nice that we got to explore the Raider some more, and Boomer's strange reactions to it. Surely she's setting off some alarm bells? Well maybe she is. Who did write Cylon on her mirror? Her split personality, or someone who suspects?

Meanwhile the other Sharon is busy getting groiny with Helo (and naked Helo is always welcome). Both Sharon stories continue to build, and both will have huge ramifications for the story to come.

All in all a fantastic episode, with fantastic stories and fantastic character scenes.