Battlestar Galactica

Six Degrees of Separation

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Feb 18, 2005 on Syfy

• A need to tempt fate.

Baltar's chickens coming home to roost made for a good storyline and I loved his conversation with Six in the cold open. If there's one emotion James Callis seems to excel at portraying it's fear. So I enjoyed watching Six once again try to force him to find god and the idea in general of the Cylons worshiping one god while humanity worships the Greek gods is one of my favorite aspects of the series. The only thing I couldn't figure out was why she tipped her hand with Cdr. Adama by putting the moves on him?

Sharon's scene with the Raider was done perfectly, and her eerie connection, or fondness really, for it definitely left me wondering how much of her Cylon-self is coming to the surface now that she doubts her own humanity.

Sharon's Caprica-bound copy's scenes were very revealing and seemed to confirm what I had been thinking. Basically that the Cylon's want to bear children and need humans to do it, or at least think they do. I thought at first it might just be love they were after, but Six's comment in an earlier episode that procreation was one of god's commandments and now Sharon sleeping with Helo, seems to imply they're after more. It would also explain why the Cylons haven't completely destroyed the fleet yet, which it has seemed, to me at least, they were more than capable of doing.

I liked the advances to the overall plot and the individual story line for the episode(which wasn't really all that stand alone anyway).