Battlestar Galactica

Six Degrees of Separation

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Feb 18, 2005 on Syfy

• The one where: they can all see her!

Battlestar Galactica isn't particularly known for belly laughs, but this episode is as close as the show will come to a full-on comedy episode. In no small part due to Gaius Baltar, such a hoot of a character, played wonderfully by the very talented James Callis. The script is filled with cracking one-liners and sight gags, and James' delivery is next to none.

So what is Head-Six exactly? Is Gaius a Cylon and she's a sort of sexy-as-hell mainframe dishing out orders to him? Or is she some sort of Angel? Excuse me: some sort of sexy-as-hell angel. And what did happen to Shelly? I am very much intrigued by all of these sexy-as-hell questions!

There are quite a few stand-out moments here. From the dramatic (President Roslin coldly – and rightfully – accusing Baltar of having direct connections, in some shape or form, to the holocaust) to the wildly hilarious (Gaius trying to have a chat with Gaeta whilst he's on the loo). There's a great balance of genres here, and Gaius' attempts at putting out fires adds a great deal of energy to what is a very dialogue-driven episode.

Spoilerish Title Sequence: 6mins and 25secs into the episode.

Frak-O-Meter: 3 fraks. ''Frak you'' being my favourite.

Cylon Sex: Did anyone else need a cold shower after this one? When wasn't head-Six taking her clothes off? I mean, I'm sure she had clothes on at some point, but I can't remember anything before she stripped down to her high-heels. I'd certainly commit to her ''One True God'' if it meant coming home to that every day. Sharon and Helo also make with the pelvic thrusts. And, boy, if I had a dollar for everytime someone's spine started glowing when making with the sex. I'd be OBSCENELY wealthy right now. And can we count Boomer feeling up the raider as sexual? She definitely had her sexy voice going on. And there was a lot of touching. AND tyrol mentions to Starbuck, ''if you don't mind getting girl goo on your face'' in relation to the raider. Very subtle, you guys. I'll be in my bunk.

Spot the six: Head-Six...naked. I just thought you should know had you skipped the paragraph above. She also pops up as Shelly Godfrey, where everyone can see her. I think that was a Six, right? CONFUSED.

Death/Injuries: The reaper was kind this time.

Boomer or Sharon?: Sharon wins out for her spine-glowing awesomeness.

Ships Lost: Not a scratch to be seen.

Battlestar Bleakness: Nothing too serious here, but I got a kick out of the budding bromance between Gaeta and Gaius. I just wanted to add that somewhere.

A ton of great character moments this week, especially for Gaius. And Tricia Helfer gives a pretty darn good performance as Shelly. She's also naked in this episode. Good times.