Battlestar Galactica

Six of One

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Apr 11, 2008 on Syfy

• Go Starbuck!!!! Yet another great episode for setting the scene for things to come.

There's so much happening with Lee leaving the military and Starbuck 'losing the way' that it's easy to forget that we have 4 new cylons to deal with. Tigh seems to be a bad tempered sod whether he knows he's a Cylon or not which is a bit unfortunate. I would have welcomed a 'new' Tigh, one who engaged his brain and didn't just react. Oh well.

As For Starbuck? She really really rocks in this ep. She said to Laura Roslin exactly what I've been thinking. Ie. Why does everyone find it so easy to follow a politician who has religious 'visions' and but can't take the leap of faith required to believe that Kara has been to Earth?

I never really realized until this ep how much I actually loathe Laura Roslin. She is everything I hate about politicians. She's smug, arrogant, and more than ever before gives the impression she can't conceive the possibility that she's wrong about Starbuck; and I think Bill Adama saw that too.

All in all, this was an exceptional episode, and Katee Sackhoff outshone everyone else in her portrayal of the dreadful frustration she's feeling.

Everything about this episide was brilliantly done, from the writers to the director and of course the actors. All were fantastic.

Oh, and I nearly forgot - the Cylons are revolting! Really, they are. It was great seeing Cavill, Simon and Doral get theirs. Six (happy birthday Tricia Helfer) is fabulous in this and it's always wonderful seeing the Centurions - they're miles better than the old clunkers in the original series (well, let's face it, this incarnation of BSG is galaxies ahead of the original in every way - the first one was done just for fun, but this one's for real).