Battlestar Galactica

Sometimes a Great Notion

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Jan 16, 2009 on Syfy

• BSG the show that turns your best hope into your worst nightmare.

Wow is the only thing I can say about the episode. That and Frak me. I was fooled, Ron Moore. You fooled me. I thought that Dee was in fact the final Cylon right up until the moment she grabbed the gun and pulled the trigger, and then, well ok so its not her then, right?

The rest was just as good. Watching Ma and Pa (Roslin and Adama Sr) fall apart was amazing. They've been the rocks of the show since day one and now they have lost everything including their faiths in themselves and their part in the universe. It was sad and beautiful to watch at the same time.

Saul Tigh keeps impressing me. He's finally come into his own. It's ironic really he's finally managed to become the man he's always wanted to be. And the revelation that Ellen is the final Cylon was a surprise and yet....are we looking at an epic romance here? To souls who always seem to find each other? It makes their love, romance, ultimate ending all the more tragic because not only did Saul Tigh kill his wife for collaborating with the cylons, not only did Cylon Saul Tigh kill his wife for collaborating with the cylons, but now Cylon Saul Tigh killed his cylon wife for collaborating with the Cylons.

I have no idea what to call that little piece of Intel.

The stuff on the planet was good too, with Tyrol and Anders remembering stuff. I'm a little disappointed that Tory didn't remember something, but hey we still have 9 more episodes. I would love to see her in flashback.

Plus there was Starbuck and Leabonon. Oh boy. The background stuff was good too. Loved the "Frak Earth" graffiti and how moral had completely broken down on the ship to the point where people where fighting in the halls.

Great episode. Just when you think it can't get any darker. You remember what show your watching and the sit back and enjoy this dark dark ride.