Battlestar Galactica

Sometimes a Great Notion

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Jan 16, 2009 on Syfy

• Intense, as would be expected for the possible finale. I'm very glad that the writer's strike ended soon enough for them to finish off the show.

Depressing. And bleak. I am very glad that this episode was not the finale. I mean, sure there is a little bit of hope in Adama's speech, but its just so bleak. And we never would have found out what happened to Kara. Or really what the cylons mean. Who are the original humans. I mean cylons are almost indistinguishable from humans. Who can say that they are more human than the Colonials. It's an interesting question.

Dee shooting herself, now that was unexpected. She had seemed so happy. And when Adama walked though the halls, and there was broken furniture, and fights going on everywhere. And Roslin just loosing her mind, burning the manuscripts that she had followed for so long. Kara's dead body. That was a bit shocking. And the look on Leoban's face. I am starting to feel like she might be the embodiment of the cylon god or something. As to Ellen being the final. Well that works. I think that whoever it ended up being would have ended up being anticlimactic, so I'm glad they didn't draw it out too long. It's interesting that Tory and Anders, and Tigh and Ellen were both originally couples.