Battlestar Galactica

The Captain's Hand

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Feb 17, 2006 on Syfy

• This made up for the last few lacklustre eps. Apollo and Starbuck have mended their fences with each other. The Pegasus is still a paranoid thorn in Galactica's side. But things are looking up.

This ep was action packed.

Pegasus lost a couple of Raptors. Which the new Captain of the Pegasus promptly blamed Starbuck for - and we got a little more insight that I wanted on what is arguably the most chemistry free couple ever to appear on TV.

I'm not at all convinced about this new relationship between Apollo and Dualla (they are a truly boring couple) so when we got a look at them in a rack together it was certainly the calm before the storm.
    We did however learn that Apollo had been promoted to Major.

Then it started to pick up.

The Beasts new Captain ran a close tie with Col Tigh (no pun intended) as the most inept person to ever take command - of anything!

Starbuck and Apollo finally seemed to make their peace after a fairly rocky season, and while he was on a role Apollo took the prize for the fastest rise up the promotional ladder in the history of the colonial fleet.

Captain through Major to Commander of his own ship in a few days. Not too shabby at all.

Despite my flippancy, there were some terrifically dramatic moments throughout, not the least of which was the matter of the Geminon stowaway who came to Galactica for an abortion, Roslin's criminalisation of abortion, and Baltar throwing his hat in the ring in the upcoming Presidential elections. Oh, and the Pegasus Captain redeeming himself somewhat by dying while performing an heroic act.

All in all, I think this was about the best ep since Resurrection Ship, despite the aforementioned appearance of the most boring couple :)