Battlestar Galactica

The Eye of Jupiter (1)

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Dec 15, 2006 on Syfy

• Adama: \"If this is the work of a higher power, then they have one hell of a sense of humor.\"

It was only a matter of time until Athena learned that Hera was alive, but learning it from the original Boomer was much more effective. If the **** hasn\'t hit the fan yet, it certainly will, as evident from past episodes Athena\'s emotions and actions are uncontrollable when it comes to her child (in the season two episode where she was about to receive a forced abortion she became savage-like) and there’s no way Athena will take this news sitting down. Not only that, Adama is now seriously pissed at Roslin. And just when their relationship was going so smoothly. Discontent between an Admiral and a President is bound to stir up trouble and can\'t be good political wise.

After being left hanging following Kara and Lee’s fight, we finally received some insight into their relationship. Kara and Lee’s sweaty and sexy rendezvous in the Raptor surprised me, and yet was fun to watch in a painful sort of way. I thought it was very in character for Lee to want a divorce, but I was taken aback when Kara didn’t feel the same way. Is it truly because she doesn\'t want to break a holy sacrament, or is this her twisted way of avoiding commitment again?

The tension between the two respective couples of the love trapezoid was enjoyable, as well, with Dualla becoming snippy at Kara, and Lee enjoying his authoritative position over Anders. Lee\'s refusal to let Anders go and save Kara felt forced and out of character, though, manufactured just to add a little oomph to the cliffhanger. If anything, I would think it would be vice versa don’t you?

Gaius Baltar has no devotion. Like Julian Sark would say, “My loyalties are flexible”. He struggles to get Six back, only to disregard her for D’anna? The man obviously has problems. His decision is most likely just another result of his desperation to feel \"chosen\"; to feel that he has a destiny and that he hasn\'t betrayed countless people for nothing.

Final Notes and Quotes

- Survivor Count: 41, 402

- That meeting on Galactica between Gaius, Adama, Roslin, and the Cylons was my favorite scene of the night. I loved Adama and Roslin considering taking the Cylons\' deal when they offered to throw in Gaius as a bonus.

- What\'s wrong with Hera? Does she have an illness, or does she just miss her mother?

- How did the Cylons convince Adama to let them meet on Galactica? Why the need to meet in person?

- Anders revealed Starbuck has cheated on him before. Burst your bubble a bit, huh Lee?

- Kara: \"Can I make a suggestion that you won\'t like?\"
    Lee: \"Do you make any other kind?\"

Final Rating: Not their best cliffhanger, but I certainly was riveted for the whole hour. 4 out of 4 stars.

- Tim Bronx
    Find this and many more reviews at: www.motionpicturereviews.com