Battlestar Galactica

The Farm

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Aug 12, 2005 on Syfy

• Be fruitful.

Starbuck's scenes on Caprica were much better than in the last episode. Neither the title of the episode nor Simon's obsession with Starbuck having children really prepared me for the room full of semi-comatose women carrying Cylon fetuses. It was a disturbing sight to say the least. I guess I was concentrating to much on Helo and Sharon's situation to think about how else the Cylon's might go about achieving their goal. My favorite moment from the Caprica storyline though was when she killed Simon, I loved her desperate, angry plea for him to "just die!"

I couldn't believe Lee would go so far as to even record a message denouncing his father. Stopping before he finished still didn't earn him back the respect he lost just by saying those words. Roslin sitting by, and all but encouraging him to do it, is about what I've come to expect from her, so no respect lost there. I'd be lying though if I said she didn't gain a little by being uncomfortable handing out blessings. Though at the same time I was like, "Come on, you let quorum literally bow and scrape to you and you subverted military command, but patting a few heads is too much?"

Adama's scenes aboard Galactica definitely stole the show. Seeing him try to come to grips with what Sharon had done to him while he watches ship after ship, as well as his own son, side with Roslin and the safety blanket of religious prophecy was hard to witness. His conversation with Chief was incredible and his struggle to understand how either of them could have loved a machine was one of the more powerful moments of the series. Though it was topped by Adama's scene in the morgue with Sharon's corpse, his breakdown was played perfectly.

A couple brilliant moments, though not quite up there with the last few episodes.