Battlestar Galactica

The Farm

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Aug 12, 2005 on Syfy

• The one where: Old mc'cylon had a farm.

The idea of farming humans to breed cylon babies is as twisted as they come. The majority of the episode focuses on Starbuck's recovery at an abandoned asylum. There, we meet Simon, who has cylon written all over him. I love that it happened to be Starbuck's first guess and she was bang on the money.

Meanwhile, Laura decides to play the religious card and purposefully splits up the fleet, even after hearing about the fact Adama has recovered. I didn't think that Lee would still up and leave his father like that, but he did. This splinter in the fleet will surely have dire consequences. But I'm glad that Adama is back, even if he does seem a little off (''closer to the ground''). His scene crying over Boomer's body was extremely powerful.

The farm was just a tad bit lacking in security, given how vital it is to the cylons. Nevertheless, Starbuck's scenes were superb, and once again Katee gives a stellar performance. What of her new scar? Did the cylons take some of her eggs (ala Alias)? Simon's death was impressively brutal and to the point.

And so it turns out Sharon didn't fly away to the other cylons after all. She managed to pick up a hefty piece of transportation instead. I wonder why they didn't give more people a chance to fly back with them to galactica. Selfish gits.

Another very good offering from season 2. I'd appreciate less extremely unflattering close-ups of our actors' faces though. Just sayin'.