Battlestar Galactica

The Hub

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Jun 06, 2008 on Syfy

• The Hub

The Hub was a spectacular episode of Battlestar Galactica and I really enjoyed watching this episode because there was a lot of character and plot development as President Roslin continues to try talking with the Hybrid, who keeps jumping, and Baltar goes through a lot. Lee Adama is now acting President and has to deal with the responsibility. The space scenes were really cool, and it was great to see D'Anna reactivated. I liked when she crushed Cavil after discussing the destruction of the resurrection hub. Admiral Adama gives his command to Tigh so that he may stay behind and wait for Roslin, and in the end she does come back and it was very touching. I look forward to watching the next episode!!!!!!!!!
  • 'There was this dog see and the master had placed a bit of food on the edge of it's snout and the dog had to wait until he was told he could eat it'

After last episode which gave us an important episode in the form of messy filler material we finally get back to events with Laura Roslin, and thank the gods its a good and meaningful episode.

Trapped on the Cylon base star the hybrid jumps towards the resurrection hub and the opposing Cylon fleet. While in hyperspace Laura receives visions about her death and the fact that she has closed herself off. Her spirit guide Priestess Elosha even says to her 'You don't love people!'. Meanwhile D'Anna (Cylon model no.3) is brought online and the fleet gathered on Roslins base star set out to retrieve her.

What I loved about this episode is that 2 of the best actors on the show worked together again. Roslin and Gaius Baltar were both great in this episode especially when Baltar tries to preach about slavery to a Centurion. His story about the dog doesn't just seem to apply to slavery either as Roslin is clearly waiting for an instruction to lead her as well. It's an intriguing allegory.

When he tells Roslin in his wounded state that he gave the Cylon's the access codes, and she reacts by removing his bandages and letting him bleed it was nail biting to watch. I really prayed that she wouldn't let him die although felt that it might actually happen. Thankfully she had a change of heart thanks to Elosha.

The re-introduction of D'Anna was well played as well - killing Cavill and not trusting anyone. Although her nasty trick at the expense of the audience in saying to Roslin that she was one of the final five then cheekily retracting it was cruel.

There is so much more in this episode including the beautiful explosion caused by the destruction of the Resurrection Hub but the ending is the most important thing as Roslin is re-united with Adama and admits to him that she loves him. His reaction 'about time' sums it up so much and then the kiss on the forehead was so sweet.
  • This episode is about the discovery of who we want to be; about the distance between who we are, and who we will one day be.

An episode about how we achieve humanity, and how we often go wrong. The direction, writing and acting is flawless. I was in tears on four occasions, feeling the yearning of all the characters to be better than they are, stumbling and blind, seeking the sun.

The agonizing confession of Baltar, the redemption of Roslin, the courage of Athena, the pain of Helo, the resolution of D'Anna, the steadfastness of Adama, and the loss of immortality.

This is truly the finest episode of an extraordinary TV series.

Don't worry if it's been a while, go back and watch this episode, then watch it again.
  • BSG continues to deliver quality drama (contains spoilers)

I'm beginning to wonder if BSG is becoming more resonant because we know the end is near. Maybe I'm just savouring what's left as we know our time with the show is nearly over, but BSG continues to deliver some great episodes, and I know I'll miss it when it's gone. Things coming to an end is a theme that echoes through the episode.

An end to Adama's unrequited love for Roslin, An end to the incarceration of D'Anna, An end to resurrection, and of course flash-forwards to the inevitable end to Roslin's life. There's even the end to Baltar's secret that he unknowingly provided the Cylons with the ability to destroy the colonies.

And yet, while I'm sure the most hardened cynic could write off the episode as one that wraps up several plot threads, BSG has delivered one of the best episodes in the season which almost feels like we've reached the moment of calm before we're thrown headlong into the consequences and culmination of what has gone before.

As I frequently say to friends who are not sci-fi fans, BSG isn't sci-fi, it's drama, whcih just happens to be in a sci-fi setting, and it's episodes such as this which make me feel that BSG always deserved better recognition.
  • A major way to level the playfield..

The title gives us the concentration of this episode - it is the hub and it is amazing what they story does - Halo has orders to get D'Anna to president and knows that he is breaking the trust but they go - and they all have to trust each other - cylons and humans as they are going to attack the hub. Very impressive space battle, amazing visual effects.. and we have so much emotions..

First we have the Roslin and her visions.. oh..it took quite long time to get her on that point but we all see where it was going.. and she and Baltar - he finally confessing - yes, he took part of the genocide on human race.. and how Roslin reacted - she had known it all the time but now those words were said.. and she decided to let him die and then turned around.. that was a great..

And the ending.. just a brilliant
  • JUMP!

Quintessential viewing, "The Hub" is exactly the reason I watch this show. The penultimate episode to the first half of the season encapsulates everything that makes BSG one of the most successful and critically acclaimed sci-fi shows out there. The acting was raised to another level entirely here, with Mary giving an exceptional performance as Roslin jumps from reality to a tour of her subconscious. It's beautifully played and powerfully handled. Moments like the bickering between Baltar and Roslin can only mean one thing: a Jane Espenson script. After a difficult episode that skidded a little too much off track, she wallops out one of her best scripts in quite some time, that pretty much has it all; it's humorous, poignant and rather philosophical, offering a perfect example of finding a nice balance between everyone involved. From the subtle moments involving Sharon and Helo, to the hilarious mislead D'anna spills about one of the final five, even the action scenes carried that extra bit of oomph, "The Hub" has it all. I may be in the majority here, but I sincerely think it even manages to upstage the finale, which is a strong episode that unfortunately feels a little rushed.
  • The mystery of what happens when the rebel basestar jumps is answered. Roslin has to face how she deals with her humanity. She finally gets the truth from Baltar about his inv. in the attack on the colonies and faces her feelings for Adama.

This is the episode I've been waiting for. I've been waiting since the Pegasus episodes for Roslin to admit she's in love with Adama. Unlike the other couples on the show this relationship was built over time, they didn't like each other or trust each other from the miniseries. I know BSG doesn't give us many happy endings but this is one I hope sticks.

How cool is it that Baltar finally admits he inadvertantly helped the cylons in the attack on the colonies? Roslin will do something with that admission so sparks should fly(I can't wait!)

The realism of the alliance is excellent. Instead of just trusting each other both sides have old wounds and hurts to get by to make this work. The scene with the 6 that was killed by Bolari was excellent. It just shows how the writers of this show continue to deal with the characters realistically. No one is all good or all bad.
  • Ronald D. Moore and Mary McDonnell bring us one of the best hours of science fiction... ever.

Battlestar Galactica did not simply beat the odds in 2003 as one of the few remakes that pale the original, it literally re-defined science fiction on television. I must say I always thought Ron Moore made the best written Star Trek of all times with DS9, but with Galactica, suddenly as if the ropes binding his hands were cut.

Episode 9 of season 4 worked on so many levels, I can't even list them all. Exceptionally written (kudos to Jane Espenson), directed and produced, getting the storyline to one of its most important events with an action packed yet thoughtful episode raising a number ethical and philosophical dilemmas. As with all good science fiction, the cinema quality FX (how do they stay on budget with this stuff?!) was a mere backdrop to the emotional struggle, the big human questions told through the faith of our heroes. Every camera angle, every cut, every reaction shot, every last line was spot on. (Maybe the Baltar/Centurion scenes felt a bit out of place though).

Yet, what really makes this one shine, was the flawless performance of the full cast, right down to the last CGI Cylon. Helo's struggle as he was torn between love and duty, loyalty and morality, dealing with his wife's copies - is she the same person, what makes a person? Old school sci-fi at its best. D'Anna's subplot - who will she support, the cold murder of her brother, her witty comments narrating the scenes almost like the chorus in a Greek drama. Lucy Lawless almost stole the show.

However, there can be no doubt, Mary McDonnell's performance, supported by the always wonderful Edward James Olmos (Adama) and James Callis (Baltar), were one of the highlights of this television season. Indeed, the character, President Roslin, and the actress, McDonnell, were the engine, the heart and the soul that made these 40-some minutes stand out from all the electric pollution filling our airwaves. Scene after scene, debating her subconscious/God(?), seeing herself die and witnessing the effect on the people around her, recognizing her role in the universe, in the big picture, learning Baltar's incredible secret only we, the audience knew since the first episode of the show and than watching her losing her mind in rage and vengeance only to come back trembling realizing what she's done - I had to make myself remember to breath. She was incredible. Period.

With the final scene delicately balancing between being cheesy and emotionally satisfying - never for a frame failing in the process - I kept asking myself, what will it take to get this show, this cast recognized by the "big awards"? Be it the Emmys or the Globes, for this episode, this writing, these performances: it's about time.
  • If the previous episode didn't work because it was predictable and uneventful, I challenge anyone to have predicted the mess that was this episode.

Of all characters, we get Elosha to accompany Roslin in her (yawn-inducing) visions. The point of them is clear; however we could do with just the one scene instead of several separate scenes which appear incoherent at first. It's also a disappointment on the production side that the visions featured Roslin going back to the same place, and through a boring corridor. Who knew Roslin's mind could be so unimaginative. Gaius and Roslin talking to the hybrid was obviously meant to be humorous, but came out over the top. This is a shame not only due to misuse of the hybrid as a plot device, but also because those scenes (and the scene in which Baltar's dying) were extremely out of character for Roslin, and even Baltar. McDonnell and Callis deliver some of their worst performances in the show, whispering and making little sense, but with the quality of the script, who can blame them. We are re-introduced to Three, via a non-consequential scene with One and Boomer. If the best thing the villains of the piece can come up with is trying to convince someone to end the war, where's the conflict? Three is somewhat interesting; However, her little mind-**** with Roslyn, which in other episodes would be presented as menacing, comes, yet again, as over the top (and McDonnell's wooden acting in this episode was almost enough to convince me Roslyn is a cylon. I pray that anyone who will have to consider her for an Emmy will not see this episode). The whole eight-Helo thing seemed forced. I doubt they'll be referencing that again. Roslin betraying the cylons would probably be referred to, but at this point there's not much more the cylons can do. I don't mind the quiet, more personal, Battlestar episodes on occasion (though one could argue that this shouldn't be the case in the final episodes, or the episode where they destroy the resurrection ship). But this episode only did disservice to the characters and the audience.
  • About time indeed (spoilers)

This episode had everything from epic space battles to brief comedic moments to the culmination of one of sci-fi's greatest love stories. But more on that later. We see the full extent of the Cylons' confusion, paranoia, and strife as Number Three makes an explosive return. With the Resurrection Ship gone, the Cylons are now mortal. Permanent death is now a reality as Cavil meets his end (for perhaps the last time). Moments of panic reach certain characters as killing takes on a new meaning. The scene with Baltar discussing theology with a Centurion was priceless as it looked like the sentry was almost listening. If it had a mouth, it would debate back. And then they were both under attack, going from funny to tragic in a blink.
    And then there is the evolution of Laura Roslin. It is in this episode in which she knows what is like to be truly human. In order to save humanity, she had to embrace her own. She had to "jump"--a leap of faith in which it is OK to be flawed and to love.
    I've waited a long time to see the final two minutes in which two people can finally love each other unconditionally without chain of command, rules, regulations, or fear. At that point, they were there not as Adama and Roslin. Not as Admiral and Madam President. They were Bill and Laura, and their story can finally begin. About time indeed.
  • A surprising powerful episode

All things considered, the previous episode was poorly received by the majority of the fans, with many elements considered over the top or simply out of character. This episode is equally challenging, but the forward momentum of events and the improvement in characterization should help overcome the oddities of the format.

Covering roughly the same period of time as the previous episode, the focus of the story is on the Human-Cylon Rebel alliance and Roslin's personal journey. The alliance was never going to be an easy sell, and the sudden jump away from the fleet and Natalie's reported death make things a lot worse. Roslin, still operating in "survival at any cost" mode, wants to take down the resurrection hub, grab D'Anna, and grill her for information before letting the Cylon Rebels see her. What that might cost anyone else is simply not her problem.

Except, of course, that every time the basestar jumps, Roslin finds herself having visions of her own death, with a bit of scathing commentary from Elosha, the priestess who previously helped Roslin with matter of faith and who was killed in "Home: Part I". Elosha chastises Roslin for losing sight of her own humanity, in turn threatening the survival of the species. The implication is that her decisions could risk everyone around her because she has lost the ability to care about anyone else. This, in effect, makes it impossible to see what is best for those in her charge.

It may seem a reach, but this ties back into one of the ongoing themes of the series, introduced right back in the miniseries. One important question has always been: is Humanity worthy of survival? Have they sown the instrument of their own destruction because they deserve to be destroyed? The argument for Roslin is that her methods and choices undermine any argument for Humanity's continuance.

From a certain point of view, this has already been demonstrated. Destroying the hub and leveling the playing field wouldn't have been possible without Adama's decision to trust Kara, something Roslin vehemently opposed. Roslin has often been stubborn, and to some extent, Adama's conversion to her side over the course of the series has given her a sense of superior entitlement. One can only imagine what her reaction will be to Lee's position when she returns. (A turn of events that, at this point, seems to have been incredibly preemptive. since the appointment was decided in two days!)

Elosha's message was a simple one: Roslin needs to find a psychological and emotional lifeline to keep her humanity intact. Her understanding and resolve is put to the test when Baltar, in a dubious plot twist, reveals his guilt over his role in the destruction of the colonies. Roslin's first reaction is to let Baltar bleed out and die for his monumental crime against humanity. Elosha guides her differently: with the survival of Humanity at stake, every life is worthy to be saved.

I'm not sure I believe that Roslin would convert so quickly, in a sudden panic to save Baltar's life, but it does represent a small turning point. She still betrays the alliance with the Cylon Rebels, but she saves Baltar's life. It's a foregone conclusion that his survival, perhaps in tandem with his conversation with the Centurion, will be an important piece of the resolution puzzle.

And while the process wasn't necessarily pretty, it's the final step for Roslin and Adama's relationship. Watching the final moments of the episode, I was reminded of the political and personal tension between Roslin and Adama in the first season. This episode harkens back to "Resurrection Ship: Part II" on several levels (the circumstances of the battle, the discussion on why Humanity should survive, etc.), and that was a huge turning point for the two of them. In that respect, this episode gives us a sense that the journey really is coming to an end.

I liked the return of D'Anna, who has defied any attempt to make her little more than a pawn in the game now that things have changed, and I like the idea that Humans and Cylons are now more similar than ever. It continues to point to the possibility of the two species merging for survival. Elosha's presence seems to indicate that the connections to prophecy continue to be meaningful, and recent visions and prophecies have been in line with the concept of a combined future.

I must also give kudos to Bear McCreary for the score, especially during the impressive battle scenes, and similarly, the effects team. I recently made a belated switch to HD and this episode was visually stunning. It's good to have an episode where the underlying drama rivals the presentation. With the season hitting a lengthy hiatus after the next episode, I can only hope that the momentum continues in the right direction.
  • alot was done in this episode as Rosilyn finally finds out about Balter's crimes and Adama and Rosilyn admit they love each other.

this episode tied up two series long plot threads with Baltar finally admitting to Rosilyn that he gave the cylons the means to attack them in the first episode and she admits she loves Adama. This was obviously a Rosilyn centered episode and it was above average, if for no other reason than the big plot points that were resolved.

Number three is also back and the resurrection hub was destroyed. Lucy lawless does a fine job with the character and it is a thrill she is back. Since she may be the only three left, she wants protected before revealing the final five cylons.

I wasn't thrilled with the battle sequence, and I felt that one badly damaged basestar couldn't have won against so many cylons. The last big battle scene was where the pegasus was destroyed and they lost the pegasus to three of four basestars, and both the Galactica and the Pegasus were fully armed. For one badly damaged one to fight off four or five basestars was a little unbelievable.

Looks like the final five will be revealed next week and they find earth, so everyone will be looking forward to the final!
  • Above and beyond the call of awesome.

Where do I start? This baby simply had it all: Death, Love, Religion (and Guilt), War, Betrayal, Morality (Cylons), and the Comedy of Baltar.

First things first - the *only* reason this episode did not get a 10 was Boomers *painful* speech. It was a key scene and she blew it. Thankfully, Helo comes in with an "Ooooookay" moment, and then rallies the troops.

I could rant for hours about this, but given how late this review is, I will just cover the essentials.

Baltar, Religion and Guilt: I love to hate this man, but this episode was *special* because he actually got some good lines for once and played them admirably. His conversation with the Cylon Centurion left me in tears, as did his interaction with the Hybrid. Then his scene on the table bleeding to death was powerful and admitting his religion was born out of his guilt - because it absolved him for al his crimes. Good point, but I knew that the producers simply do not have the guts to kill off this moron.

Death and Roslin: Roslin sees her death, and with the help of that crazy black spiritual woman comes to terms with it. Then she almost kills Baltar, but then (unfortunately) changes her mind. Would like to see her change he mind back and add Boomer to this list, please.

Love: Adama walking off his Raptor with that smug-puppy look was beautifully. Don't think anybody else could have stolen the scene better than him when he first sees the Basestar (and says nothing), and then sees Roslin: "Missed you", and "It's about time". Roslin finally admitting her love to him was deeply moving.

War and Betratyal: The nutter (Roslin) double crosses the Cylons to get her hands on the Diana. Helo's admission of his discomfort brought me right back to Lee Adama, and when Helo first stood up for his stupid wife. We also get lots of darn cool graphics with the Raptors and Vipers kicking toaster behind.

Diana: Is back. Don't care. Kills the old Cylon - fracking awesome. Thankfully Diana's "revelation" of the final Cylon was just a really tasteless joke.

Cylons: Yes!!! They are mortal! Now bring it on, super-confident robots! This leaves some seriously fertile ground to plough and lots of cool questions about mortality and meaning in life. I am beginning to like the Cylons more and more as we get to see their side of things better. I also love how deeply flawed they are as well - in their efforts to beat us at our own game they are having their asses handed to them.

Next week: The promo was ultra fracking sweet - Sol tells Adama that he is a Cylon, and Bill apprears to lose it. Also - how if Roslin going to react to Lee's "election"? Will Bill side with his baby boy? How are the Cylons going to react to 6 being killed and then Diana being stolen from them? Will the producers find some common sense and kill off Boomer/Athena from the script? Keep her in the background, but for the love of the one-true-god don't give her any lines - and that too important, pivotal lines.

Congratulations, you have survived a 534-word rant.
  • Amazing. (Spoilers)

Amazing. That is all there is to say. It was extremely well written, fantasically acted, and powerfully emotional. Mary McDonnell deserves at the LEAST an Emmy nomination for her work this episode. She has always been great, but never quite this great. Perhaps my favourite episode of the series. Amazing.

It was really a pleasure to finally see Roslin and Adama truly embrace their love for one another. It's been quite clear for some time that they are madly in love with each other, or at least Adama was, and it's nice to see Roslin finally admit her love too.

"I love you."
    "About Time."
  • An action packed episode!

Where as th last episode focused on the lost ship containing Baltar, Helo, Roslin, etc, this episode features them and their story. Whilst Roslin is having dreams the other crew of the ship and the cylons have to work together to destroy the hub and find D'anna, as they do this the ship is hit and Baltar is injuried, his only hope for help is Roslin and although the two have had differences in the past she helps him. Mean while Helo takes D'Anna to Roslin where she is reunited with the injuried Baltar. Roslin asks for the names of the final five, but she states she will only do this when she is safe. The ship starts to jumping back to find BSG and runs into Adama in his raptor, He and Roslin are also reunited. tying up the last few episodes nicely.
  • The Six, who went among the maker is no longer. End of line. Back in the stream that feeds the ocean, that feeds the stream. The windbeats of the dove drown out the heartbeats of those who're falling. Protect the child. The three is online, loading data.

This vague but essential introduction, briefly wraps up this weeks episode. Eventhough this about covers it all, I have a few more things to say and add.

What's so interesting about this episode is the way in which the story unfolds. On one hand we have the Cylons devided into two very distinct groups: One trying to continue on the traditional path in search of repentance and enlightenment. And the others fighting for what the Six' (Nathalie) and Two's (Boomer) believe in (a revolutionalized peaceful co-existance with their creators, the surviving humans). On the other hand we got ourselfs a devided fleet. One trying to end Cylon resurrection indefinately and maybe reveal the location of earth and the final 5 cylon models. That's what this weeks episode was about. We were left wondering what actually happened to 'our' people after the notorious 'JUMP' in the previous episode. What a way to anwser those questions. It seems Laura (Like Bill Adama) is starting to realise that there is happiness and love for her. That she needs to find peace before the final act so to speak. The sub-consciousness she experienced during each jump was a nice way of unveiling Roslin's mental state aswell as her medical state. She is in fact close to death and realising this changes her significantly.

I have to say I'm impressed with both the cast and the writers for creating such a surrealistic psychological invironement and making it feel so real and tangeable.

With Baltar offering some comic releave as he babbles away at the hybrid and the drone about spirituality and morals. Such irony is the character of Dr Baltar, it never seizes to amaze me. The love between Laura and Bill, who finally aknoledge that they do love eachother. A small sub-plot about Helo (Cap Agathon) and Athena pointing out that finding common ground between Humans and Cylons will take some time. Trust issues being the number one concern.

The mission to destroy the Hub and Retrieve Diana was a strike of genious. 'Going in Cold' being pulled in by Cylon 'manned' heavy radars (another step closer to trust and commonality). From the events inside the Hub to the destruction. Wonderfuly captured using mostly CGI ofcourse and switching back and forth from beautiful wide anlge shots to close shaky action sequences. I have to admit that I to was dissapointed by the slow pase of some of the previous installements. I felt like the lack of movement was to blame mainly on environemental issues. Because. Unlike most seasons, this one doesnt offer up a large variety of locations. It seemed so stagnant at times being on board of Galactica, no activity on dreadis, no serious disputes and all.

But now that I've seen this I know it was a strike of genious. The writers simply take time and care into building tension and conflict and curcomstance and character devolopement. Slowly spiraling towards a satisfying climactic conclusion.

I was really feeling this one, thanks.
  • An amazing Laura Roslin episode. Great writing, directing, and acting by Mary McDonnell.

As the series starts to come to a close, things are starting to set up for the series finale. This has been true for previous episodes in the season, and it's true for this episode as well. This episode does a great job at setting everything up for future episodes, but it does so much more than this.

The episode works on two levels. The first level is the continuing story with the Cylons. As the conflict among themselves, and with the humans, continue to rise, the intensity rises along with it. There are plenty of great moments between the different Cylons, and many great twists.

The other level within the episode lies with the character Laura Roslin, and the characters around her. The episode starts with her, Gaius, Athena, and Helo on one of the Cylon ships, trying to get info from one of the Hybrids. However, the Hybrid keeps sending the ship into these different "jumps." Whenever one of the jumps happens, Laura goes into the future, and sees herself in her death bed, being accompanied by Adama. These "jumping" moments are briliant. I absolutely loved the directing, and the acting within these scenes, showing what could happen in the future. Meanwhile, back on the ship, Roslin and the others deal with different conflicts. One involving getting the information from the Hybrid. Another conflict is one dealing with D'Anna. There are also some other conflicts that they have to deal with, brought up throughout the episode.

The D'Anna story brought up a side-story with Helo, which was interesting. But for me, everything about this part of the episode always came back to Roslin. Her struggles to make certain tough decisions. Her dealing with her own cancer. Her going into the future. All of this was brilliantly done, and expanded her character much further than she has gone before. She has been one of my favorite characters since the middle of season one, but Gaius, Adama, Starbuck, and Saul Tigh have been a bit higher in my opinion. However, after this episode, she even matches Gaius (my favorite character) in my mind. Mary McDonnel did a great job with the character, and deserves an emmy for her role in this.

The Roslin story was a very emotional one, and had plenty of great character interactions, especially between her and Gaius, and her and Adama. The episode had a few action scenes as well, but instead of take away from the drama, it was used in such a way to make it even stronger. The writer did a great job at making everything seem just right, with the episode's use of action, drama, character interactions, and tying all the stories into one briliant episode. Usually, Battlestar Galactica's two-part episodes stand up above any single episodes in my mind, but this one rivals, and even beats those amazing episodes, standing out as one of the best episodes that the series has offered.
  • Three is back, and as awesome as ever. And RDM likes giving heart attacks to fans.

That was a really really awesome episode. First of all, D'Anna's fakeout? My instant thought was "she's joking", but then a second later, it it "Wait she's not laughing. No, it can't be Roslin!? What!!" and then she said that she was kidding, and I almost died laughing. Because, I have to agree with D'Anna, the look on Roslin's face was relatively priceless.

As for the Elosha scenes, well I got this brainflash earlier in the season that she could be the final cylon, which I had somewhat discarded because she wasn't that huge a character, and probably not everyone would recognize her right away, but now I'm thinking it could be a possibility. It's not my number one theory, but it's possible. It actually reminded me quite a bit of when "Leoban" was guiding Kara in Maelstrom.

Baltar talking to the centurion, and actually all other Baltar scenes, were just priceless. I was laughing so hard ant the centurion cocking its head. We haven't seen head Baltar/head Six in a while now. I'm starting to miss them a little bit. But I think they are going to get explained eventually.

The pseudo-Athena was a little weird, but interesting. And Roslin's line to Helo was great "You're not married to the whole production line!" But now she is obviously a little irked at Helo for following Roslin's orders.

Lee and Kara touched each other! Granted it was in Roslin's vision, but as I've said before, I am really missing the Lee and Kara interaction. It is my single complaint about the season. They haven't said a word to each other onscreen since "Six of One"

Adama and Roslin's reunion was amazingly done. So perfect. "I love you" "About time." Although the forehead kiss gave me a huge X-Files flash. But it really was perfect. It's not complicated, there is no drama to it, it just is.

The space battle was well done, and it was kind of cool to see all the cylons in their pilot uniforms.
  • Emmy caliber performance from several people (if only this show got emmies)

Oh Laura look at all the people who love you and yet you feel nothing. Or do you feel something after all for one person in particular. And yes it is about time you realize that little fact. You love and he loves you back.

Baltar, when will you learn? Preaching to a Centurion although fun will not end well for you or really anyone. But hey it was fun to watch. It was also fun to watch you and Roslin with your profitathon. Trying to get the Hybrid to tell you what you want to know.

Then there is Three. Ahh Three. How I missed you. The snark is back. You killed Cavil with one breath and turned Boomer into mince meat with another. And then nearly convinced Roslin she was a Cylon. Its good to have you back, but you are going to be trouble, aren't you?

As for the eights. You are a very creepy model, and I mean that in the best possible sense. Plus shiny. Is that true? Passionate until you see something shiny. It would explain alot. But anyway downloading Athena's memories was so not cool but Helo took it well. I really do think he wants to be married to the entire production line. Hey a man can do worse.

And now that the hub is gone, this makes all the cylons mortal. This is either going to be a really good thing, or a really bad thing. Either way......

My show is back.
  • Things are being put in to place for the final episodes of the series, and the road towards that moment is becoming more and more intense. One of the best episodes of the season.

The episode begins with a "prologue", displaying events that took place two days before the actual episode. It repeats a previously shown scene where the hybrid is plugged in as Roslin, Baltar, some cylons and other key members of the galactica stand around. The hybrid initiates a jump sequence, and Roslin has a vision. She sees herself on her death bed, surrounded by the ones she loves dearly.

The key moments in this episode are the following: the unboxing of the D'ianna models, the destruction of the cylon hub, the extraction of D'ianna, Roslins visions, and Helo having to respect Roslins orders to bring D'ianna to her specifically.

At the end of this episode, the D'ianna model makes a joke to Roslin, and tells her that she is the final cylon. My jaw dropped in this scene and I was simply shocked. But I was glad that D'ianna was only kidding. It would have been horrible if Roslin turned out to be the final cylon.

There were some suspensful and captivating scenes within this episode and some things we've never seen before (baltar and the centurion). And there was also one space battle where the allied Cylons/Humans cooperate in order to fight back, to allow D'ianna to be extracted from the hub.

In total, this episode was great from start to end. Next weeks episode looks extremely interesting, and I cannot wait to see what happens. This show is headed into a dark direction, and it's only going to start getting more and more darker as it progresses.
  • Emmy Nod to Mary (Spoiler Alert)

Having paused my DVR for 20 minutes and then started right in - this show went from being boring until the first jump or two and a familiar face appeared in the visions of the President - Mary McDonnell is just brilliant - she is the only reason to watch Dance with Wolves and one of the main reasons to watch this on-going drama set in space.

I've always suspected that since New Caprica, her and Adama were in love and knocking space boots - but this episode and the one before it proved to what lengths they will go to be together.

Helo did what he was told to...good soldier that he is. Sharon needs to go away...too many of her floating around is becomming a distraction to keep track of...and the same can almost be said with the many variations of the Six model.

D'Anna - she's now the main focus...and she's right (as far as we know) she the only one Cavel woke up...so she's totally the last of her model and now more human than a human...since we've not seen her model become pregnant like the Sharon and Six models have!

Just a nice episode all around - and the in-joke about Roslin being the final Cylon was well played!
  • Roslin faces who she has become, Helo has to make another big ethical call, and D'anna is back. Spoilers follow.

This will definitely be a remembered versus transitional episode. Momentum continues to increase toward the mid season finale. Although Roslin's storyline was supposed to be the primary one, I found the subplot with Helo and the Rebel Sharon to be more interesting. You figured they couldn't keep Roslin's character where she was so they was no real dramatic tension versus what Helo was going to do (after all, he was the one who went against the wishes of the higher ups when he stopped the Cylon virus from spreading). This time, he decided to follow orders. Grace Park's reaction with her rebel Sharon character was well acted.

I was also very surprised to have Baltar admitting what he had hidden since the mini-series - to Roslin of all people. That was the most surprising thing of the Roslin storyline.

The only thing I wonder about is if we are now going to find out the final four or five then, beyond finding earth, what will they do with the second half of the season? I have no doubt it will be as good as the rest. Thumbs up.
  • Close to the end the stakes are raised? Spoilers include in review.

This is what Battlestar Galactica is all about. What a simply powerful and amazing episode. Marry Mcdonnell deserves Emmy's nods for this episode her scenes with Baltar alone were so moving. D'Anna although only in a few scenes was priceless it's nice to have her back. And the end of the episode was perfect with Adama saying "About Time". Although I was looking forward to them revealing the final Cylon tonight it didn't even matter the episode was that good. Knowing that the Hub is destroyed and they are like humans now adds another level of complexity to the mix between humans and Cylons.