Battlestar Galactica

The Hub

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Jun 06, 2008 on Syfy

• BSG continues to deliver quality drama (contains spoilers)

I'm beginning to wonder if BSG is becoming more resonant because we know the end is near. Maybe I'm just savouring what's left as we know our time with the show is nearly over, but BSG continues to deliver some great episodes, and I know I'll miss it when it's gone. Things coming to an end is a theme that echoes through the episode.

An end to Adama's unrequited love for Roslin, An end to the incarceration of D'Anna, An end to resurrection, and of course flash-forwards to the inevitable end to Roslin's life. There's even the end to Baltar's secret that he unknowingly provided the Cylons with the ability to destroy the colonies.

And yet, while I'm sure the most hardened cynic could write off the episode as one that wraps up several plot threads, BSG has delivered one of the best episodes in the season which almost feels like we've reached the moment of calm before we're thrown headlong into the consequences and culmination of what has gone before.

As I frequently say to friends who are not sci-fi fans, BSG isn't sci-fi, it's drama, whcih just happens to be in a sci-fi setting, and it's episodes such as this which make me feel that BSG always deserved better recognition.