Battlestar Galactica

The Oath (1)

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Jan 30, 2009 on Syfy

• Absolutely brilliant adrenaline ride.

You know all those episodes where nothing really happens? Move away 180 degrees from that and you have this one.
    What a rush! I mean, it's all pretty "standard" stuff: a rebellion, a take-over, hope being lost... But for me the defining point of the episode was the core assembling of the heroes - Adama sr. & the colonel, Adama jr. & Starbuck and Roslin & Baltar. A perfect trinity of force, mind and possibilities. I had goosebumps. I'm not one for pointless action; I don't like the easy approach to it most movies and series give us. But this, this is a magnificent dangerous game, serious and costly, and the human race once again proves it cannot live with itself in peace, whether with others or with itself.
    I honestly don't know what's going to happen to the two old war horses but I do know that I haven't had this feeling of sitting at the edge of my seat and screaming inside not knowing what's to follow in a long time.
    Congratulations, Galactica - this is the race to the end we have hoped for and more!