Battlestar Galactica

The Oath (1)

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Jan 30, 2009 on Syfy

• What the Oath meant to different people meant different things. BSG continues to mine into deep territory if you allow it. The fleet is divided. Good people die. And people who were once abject enemies find themselves now allies. Great TV viewing.

I really admire the writers for putting the story first. If you had told me that the first four episodes of the the second of of the season would have hardly any scenes with the characters Six, Sharon, Athena, Baltar, Cottle, Tyrol, or Agathorn I wouldn't have believed it. But they did so do build up the story to another high point.

The underlying question of the series at this stage is what happens when people's core beliefs are challenged? We see political, religious, and relational beliefs all at play here. And non-stop action will keep the adrenaline going too.

I think Starbucks line, "Lee, haven't you been just waiting for something to happen" might echo what alot of views have been thinking. Well, big things are afoot after Gaeta engineers a mutiny.

Six shows to go.....it's going to be interesting. How long till next Friday night?

Till next time,