Battlestar Galactica

The Oath (1)

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Jan 30, 2009 on Syfy

• I've had to utter the words ''Hell Yes!'' and ''Ha Ha!'' alot and I am not ussualy someone to put dirt in his mouth. This has easily been the best television moment of the century to me (if not of my lifetime), and I've seen alot of shows.

From an unavoidable urprising to a no-mercy reckoning; this is the shows finest moment to date. Showing it's strength's both in plot driven drama (with an excellent musical score) as in sheer tension driven performances by the cast. Olmos and Sackhoff had me off my chair cheering and chanting in utter desperation.

Look here, I'm not in the mood for a summary or all the other formalities. My theory is simple and rather predictable - but in reality every show has to be somewhat predictable so that viewers feel good about themselves and the direction of the film or show they are watching. Either way, as I see it; there are three parties involved: The somewhat neutral cylon part of the fleet (not including Athene/Tyrol/Tie, they are somewhat biased), The mutineers (or enemy of the state) causing public unrest across the fleet, and ofcourse (most importantly) the part still loyal to the Odama/Roslin administration. I have to point out that this uproar or mutiny has been a very real possiblity all along. It's simply a case of washing away the bitter taste of cylon caused suffering and pain. What the Cylon's did is unforgivable. In light of recent events, the remaining human race and it's governement had to make a deal with the enemy. With the skinjobs temporarily bridging the gap between human and cylon. This and the fact that human cylons have proven that procreation through intercourse is possible calls in to question the scriptures, faith and thus the very faundations of human excistance. After the promiss of earths salvation had shattered and al hope was lost, it is not an unfair assesement to asume that so would the human/cylon alliance. It was to good to be true.

Now it's just a matter of which party will prevail, who lives and who dies. A very important question in light of the future would be: Does the fleet have the luxury of civil unrest when a dooming threat (cavals rebellion) lies on the horizon, I would think not.

O and uuh: Bill Odama for president!
    Next weeks episode: ''Say hello to my little friend!''