Battlestar Galactica

The Oath (1)

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Jan 30, 2009 on Syfy

• Go Gaeta - from Quizling on New Caprica to Mutineer! You're not just any whiney little cockroach are you? I'd would've liked to give this a classification of ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT or RON MOORE AT HIS BEST or something like that, but they don't have

Poor old Felix has been seriously working up a good dummy spit for quite some time now - what with losing half his leg and all, and then what I assume was the final straw, Dualla's suicide (they would've made a good couple but he didn't have enough social status for her I guess) and this was it.

I can certainly see where his anger is coming from - don't agree with what he's done of course - but I understand it.

This episode really is why I watch this series. Finally some action! After a lot of grief and hand wringing, something had to give within the fleet - and with the President AWOL and Zarek just spoiling to speak for the 'little guy' you could see disaster just laying in wait.

...and then there's Baltar - Mr Consistent. That guy makes your average coward look like Optimus Prime. Still, he only muddies the waters when he's about; I really hope there's some special punishment awaiting him before 420. Or is he just the character we love to hate that every drama has to have? (Well I hate him anyway, but I know a lot of people think he's a lot of fun.)

Wonderful to see Starbuck and Apollo back together with a gun in each hand - Lee has to agree now that 9mm diplomacy beats talkfests anyday.

This is the best ep. I've seen in quite a while - they've all been good - but I've been craving some action. Can't wait for the next ep.