Battlestar Galactica

The Oath (1)

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Jan 30, 2009 on Syfy

• The big blow up happens as part of the fleet rebels against Adama. Starbuck and Rosalyn get themselve together and overall this was a great action episode.

All the set up of the previous episodes and the webepisodes come to fruition as Gaeta perfectly sets up a mutiny. He played his part perfectly as Amama and Tigh had no clue what was happening until it was too late. It was nice to see Rosalyn back as Adama being captured finally got her motivated again. Also Starbuck is finally back to kicking butt as she saves Lee from beingcaptured after he was set up by Zarek.

Action was fast and furious in this episode as it looks like a number of people in the fleet are fed up and are in open rebellion. this contrasted nicely with previous episodes that had Adama Starbuck and Rosalyn in a funk. The rebellion really got their focus back. Great lines abounded in this episode, with Adama's no mercy speech and Starbuck telling Adama they are no longer "his crew". His capture of one of the rebels showed he still thought that there could be a way out. Starbuck threw cold water on that thought and it looks like things are going to end badly for Gaeta and Zarek. My thought is Gaeta is tired and may have a death wish after his leg being gone and Dualla killing herself. This may be his was of doing what Dualla did. I believe it is suicide by going out in a blaze of glory instead of putting a gun to his head like Dualla did. They really seem to have no plan other than to rebel.

Finally, in my last review, some people didn't like it when I stated I didn't like the way they had Tyrol not be the father of his child as it seemed arbitrary to me. But Ronald Moore admitted in an intervew on line that it was kind of a cheat as when they decided Tyrol was a cylon it conflcited with the storyline about Hera being the only hybrid and they had to clean up that plot point.

A great episode!