Battlestar Galactica

The Passage

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Dec 08, 2006 on Syfy

• Another great example of how modern day Drama - SF should be showcased!

This week the fleet suffers from hunger and to quote the obvious: ''desperate times call for desperate measures.'' Sharon explores a star cluster containing highly concentrated radiation levels and discovers protein rich algee good enough to still the hunger. Admiral Adama figures out a plan in which they use radiation enforced raptors to lead the fleets ships to their destination. Meanwhile we discover Kat is not really the Kat we have gotten used to. Kara finds out the truth and Kat takes a journey for redemption. Baltar ''gets his detective on'' and continues on in the hopes of finding out the truth about the remaining 5 cylons (Im getting the distinct feeling Baltar is infiltrating the Cylon Base ship, maybe even subconciously, crazy as he may be). Again, whats so great about this episode is that we see a character going trough a huge personal development effecting not only herself but also the people around her. She finds herself. Like our favorite mad Scientist Baltar said: ''In the end all we want is to belong some place, to discover who we really are.'' Because of these subtle changes in direction the character Kat, we all learned to detest, steadily started to grow on me. The journey for redemption, the revelations all effect the pilots and its crucial. Its a symbolic gesture, a salute if you will, to the sacrifices these pilots make on a regular almost daily bases. Its the heroics, the grandure and ''The Good People'' that make a difference. It made me feel sad to see one of these people go. Tragic but very important episode. Isnt emotion the thing that makes you feel alive afterall? Everytime I watch another episode I know it will somehow move me, and make me feel small and vulnerable. Its something most other series have yet to achieve.