Battlestar Galactica

The Passage

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Dec 08, 2006 on Syfy

• I couldn't see the point of this story. It was jumpy, poorly edited and contrived. The worst episode of the season by a long way. Hope next week is better.

A poorly written and executed story for me. The food shortage scenario was sketchy and unconvincing; the whole jumping into danger idea felt clumsy and forced, and the only reason it seemed to exist was that so one character could die heroically (and after we'd had a completely arbitrary back story appear out of nowhere so we could empathise with her before she bought it.)

I was so confused by the storyline and the pacing I lost the part where Three kept rejuvenating herself and the reason she did so. The only part which felt interesting was Baltar's interaction with the Minority Report girl - that has promise. More please.

Otherwise, it was silly. We never saw what Helo had done to deserve being demoted in favour of Adama's old buddy, nor why suddenly Tigh is miraculously fit for duty again. And why dump Lee in favour of Kat just because "she did a good job?" Had Lee done a bad one? Why sack him? Unless it was a posthumous symbolic gesture which sounds sappier than Adama normally appears, and out of character considering his speech in the boxing ring last week.

Oh boy. Character erosion. Is it appearing already?